Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By Ajax
Found this thread for the first time today and it's great love all the progress shots. Wish I had of been following this all along. The pumpkins look great and very unique. I to hope to try this some day. I did attempt it once and my zuccunis turned out great unfortunately they weren't the pumpkins they were suppose to be :? .
By Chewy
ha,zucchin / pumpkin / squash - close enough! LOL

i lied about it being the last update, we were back doing more picking with my daughter today... a few more pictures

this is my daughter posing with Pugsley & Lurch

Too many little pumpkins - her count was 64. And, we left half of them at my parents place. OMG!!

Today's haul:

Jack be littles - will be headed to my daghter's elementary school... all these from just 4 plants... egad!

Moment of silence please... these guys didnt make it, will be composting them.

Out of curiosity, we cut one of the failed giants in half - good thing i wasnt planning on carving them - this one's solid all the way through. Explains why they're SO heavy!

Weve left a few of the smaller lumina's on the vines still hoping against all odds they pack on a bit more size. Dont expect them too though.

Thanks for the kind words & encouragement everyone.

Will be switching gears to the carving thread once we start carving, but due to a hectic schedule in October, its not going to be until a few days prior to the big one.