Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By SuperSonic
Me and my dad decided it would be a good idea to mow the lawn since it was turning into a jungle.

What we didnt think would happen, happened.

While I was trimming with the weed wacker, i hit my pumpkin dead on and cut all the way along the bottom. It's a 1/4" cut. Luckily, it may heal over, chances however are VERY slim. :cry: :cry:. It was also the only one who was almost all orange.
By nosferatu
Supersonic was so keen to get carving he subconciously chose to use the weed whacker.

As the song says, "The first cut is the deepest." You have actually carved an evil mouth.
By monstermash
Oh no!! what a bummer! Try and spray the crack with spray plastic. A few coats will seal the flesh and stop it from rotting.
By SuperSonic
Whats spray plastic?? Is that like a laquer?

@Dadja It deffinitally was not me being close, it was the wacker part that got too long :(
By GUS
SuperSonic wrote:Whats spray plastic?? Is that like a laquer?

@Dadja It deffinitally was not me being close, it was the wacker part that got too long :(
...good humour S.S. ..well done! :lol:
By purple1worm
Sorry to hear that. Are there any others? You still a while to go before halloween.
By monstermash
It is this stuff:

A couple of thin coats will stop moisture going in or coming out and causing mould.

It worked a treat for me last year when little patches on my kins started to rot befor the big day. I cut out the rot, cleaned the area and applied the plastic. A bit like pumpkin surgery.
By SuperSonic
So where in Canada could I buy such a thing?
By GUS
..oh sonic!

theres this well guarded secret called the internet, you can find stuff & people on there very easily! :wink:
By SuperSonic
True, but I cant seem to find anything. I've been searching for the past 35 mins :(
By GUS
SuperSonic wrote:True, but I cant seem to find anything. I've been searching for the past 35 mins :(
35 minutes? cue "when I were a lad jokes"

2 words, one google, & incidentally the man you may wish to talk to from that page is called "Gus" ..I like that name :lol:
less than 5 seconds.

http://www.plasti-kote.co.uk/Buy/rcode---4896

Kids! :roll: :lol:
By GUS
You have 3 home depot's in a triangle around Brampton Ontario, I key word searched plastikote & Brampton Ontario, ..a key phrase came up onn a car renovation site mentioning plastikote, from Home depot, ..the guy is from Brampton.

Alos consider a Lowes, however it may be worth asking for stockists & seeing if theres a supplier within a short ditance.
This stuff is used in modelling, art, hobby shops, etc etc... it's an international brand of some repute.
By SuperSonic
To my dismay, projekt paints arent availible in Canada. Does anyone else know of any other kinds of sealants that would do the same job?
By GUS
you are basically after a heavy duty quick dry sealing laquer that will prevent insect & moisture ingression, failing that a quality band-aid I guess