Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By Dadja
Pumpkins are getting pretty nice, they seem to be of good size, and some are coloring pretty well, others still have a long way to go, I just hope the vines stay good for another month, that'd be perfect.

And even after 10 years of pumpkin growing you learn new things, so here's a tip for you all: DON'T walk through the patch in shorts and flip flops, it hurts :P

By monstermash
Super crop Dadja! I too have suffered the wrath of the prickly pumpkin vines :lol: My cat has given me less scratches!
By Dadja
Ok, sooner than expected, today i cut all pumpkins of their vines. The 2 on the top left, had already soft stems, and the largest of the two had been attacked by some evil snails. Now I if I store them someplace dry, they should be fine (bite marks already started healing).

Because the vines were starting to rot, I also had to cut the 4 still green ones off. They should become more orange in the weeks to come anyway, if they don't, just as well. The green colour for me only is a problem, when I poke they, with the saral paper, it makes no difference.

All pumpkins are good size, so if they all make it to Halloween, I'll have a stab (forgive the pun) at nine great pumpkins.

I discovered, I actually had ten, I found the remains of a pumpkin that had completely rotten away. That means trouble...
By CombichristGirl
wow congrads. you must be one proud mommy! you rkids are beautiful :) my kids however.....i digress lol
By GUS
Lucky swine (shakes fist & gesticulates)

:lol:
By GUS
Damn you Dadja, I'll be sending a group of Catholic priests to hide out in your storage shed till the heats over!

:lol:
By SuperSonic
I loath the fact my kins are no where close to that :(
By Dadja
Dadja wrote:
SuperSonic wrote:I loath the fact my kins are no where close to that :(
Sorry to hear, I guess I owe it to the s****y rainy weather we've had for the last 2 months here in Belgium, so don't envy me too much...
OMG, I didn't know there was a censor here! I can't say s*** apparently. s****y s****y s*** s***?
By SuperSonic
Dadja wrote:
Dadja wrote:
SuperSonic wrote:I loath the fact my kins are no where close to that :(
Sorry to hear, I guess I owe it to the s****y rainy weather we've had for the last 2 months here in Belgium, so don't envy me too much...
OMG, I didn't know there was a censor here! I can't say s*** apparently. s****y s****y s*** s***?
Almost sounds like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang LOL
By monstermash
Hey you S****y S****y bang bang!! :D

Lovely pumkins Dadja. The one in the middle looks massive! I like your green ones too.