Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By SaneInsideInsanity
thats not so bad.......maybe you can mend it but realy i say carve it now get some practice in.....

I can just picture the anrgy noooooooooooooooo scream when it happened
By SuperSonic
My mom would behead me...... LOL
By monstermash
What a cute kin. You know theres only one thing for it. CARVE THAT BABY!!
By SuperSonic
Well I may have to early to get some practice in, considering I can't find any kind of sealent that will do the same job as that projekt paint you showed me :(
By purple1worm
Cute little 'kin. Might as well carve it! Do you have any more coming?
By SuperSonic
I have 4 two are the same size (roughly) the other two are usless one is only 4 1/2 inches! :x The other is about 3 high by 4 wide

I'm attempting to ripen them (since the vines were cut off by squirrels) By using sunlight. Unsure of whether this will work or not
Last edited by SuperSonic on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By purple1worm
Well if they are too small to carve there are some pretty awesome pumpkin cheesecake, muffin and cookie recipes out there. Give them a try!
The other 2 smaller carvable ones just do simple patterns like the oogie boogies! :)
By SuperSonic
Uprooted my plant about a week ago, sadly no bees were around to pollinate the last possible kin for it to grow. Will post pics later, since I had a vine reaching 30+ft long
By jen d.
...or with the smaller 'kins, you could always team them together to carve a letter on each? I thought about this while my 'kins were still kinda tiny and weren't sure if they were growing to grow much larger.

(B) (O) (O) (!)

(With a much better script than Verdana, of course)

So how long do your 'kins generally survive once they're off the vine, provided they have a healthy stem?
By SuperSonic
I'm not 100% sure, but I will hazard a guess at around 3-4 weeks. The kin AND the stem must be long and healthy though.
By jen d.
They're both looking rather healthy, so this is good news... thanks for the advice. :)