Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By CombichristGirl
decided to throw a bunch of seeds down last halloween adn just keep throwing compost on here and there hoping they will sprout if not i plan around april time planting some
By JMP919
I never was a good gardener :?
By S.A.M
I planted my pumpkin seeds this weekend. If you're sowing indoors, mid April-May seems to work best to allow for a maximum growing season.

Putting my 18" Jason Voorhees figure to use :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Jason is very forceful, I feel pressured to plant seeds now, even though I wasn't planning on it originally! :o

Thanks for the tip S.A.M, and great photo. Based on the perspective I didn't even realize he was only 18" tall. With that in mind, I'm not so scared of him anymore. Hehe.
By S.A.M
zombiepumpkins wrote:Jason is very forceful, I feel pressured to plant seeds now, even though I wasn't planning on it originally! :o

Thanks for the tip S.A.M, and great photo. Based on the perspective I didn't even realize he was only 18" tall. With that in mind, I'm not so scared of him anymore. Hehe.
No problem :) He his forceful so you best plant 'em now, he's threatening to take his mask off! You might think he's harmless at 18" but he has a harpoon, axe and machete to cause a nasty graze...unfortunately for him he also has a built in motion sensor, that sounds the "Ki ki ki, ma ma ma" sound effect so you'll always know when he's about :lol:
By GUS
Thanks S.A.M.
For both the info & the great picture, I too was caught out till I saw the size of the magic, mutated pumpkin seeds..

Think Ryan ought to use that on Twitter!
By GUS
Incidentally (uk brethren) Tescos (spit) is selling some of the plastic trug tubs for £1.99 42litre bucket size currently, get down there for a nice pumpkin bed or three!