Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
Was wondering if any kind Canadian members (with a safeway near them) would mind posting me a pack of this stuff in a clip-seal bag?

(I use this alot on both roasts & for cooking liver for our dogs, so tend to cane it, as we are coming out late next season, I'm desperate)
Happily pay in advance if need be by paypal!

(odd request i know) ..but this also will be great for any meat smoking I do & sausage making..
By SaneInsideInsanity
I will gus, Im heading to safeway in the next few days ill look for it when im there or better yet just see if my work supplies it to them or can bring in a big one.
By Mistress_of_Halloween
SaneInsideInsanity where do you work if you don't mind me asking?
By SaneInsideInsanity
Mariner we mostly supply thier seafood dept but sometimes we have some seasoning and things too...though ive never seen that one it doesnhurt to ask. I love my job lol. I get to be around food all day,it;s great fun, seriously. The people i work with are awesome, good managment, and I unno i just love it much better then cooking, though i loved that too now i have normal hours. :D
Speaking of work though i should get going for the day
cheers see you all in 10 hours and gus ill let you know when i find some and you can pm me your addy
By Mistress_of_Halloween
I was just wondering when you said that you supplied the seasonings. I work for GFS Atlantic, which is a Food Service Distributor in the Maritimes.

It's tough staying on a diet when you work around food though. There are always all sorts of samples to try.
By GUS
Ah fantastic! ..thankyou, it's normally on the shelves of our local Banff store, we stock up on alot of Lowry's seasonings & the likes,
If you do happen to come across it, the reg size is 150g in a plastic jar..

cannot find it on their site so things may have changed in the past 6 months..
Thanks again!
By SaneInsideInsanity
I;m going shopping on sat now as i have just won tickets to things on the radio for the next 2 nights...whoho....That's the full nmae right and it's safeway brand?
We dont get thier own brand seasoning in my store just liek mccormicks and things
By GUS
Yes, in full it's ..safeways garlic blend seasoning, ..knowing lawry's & Mc cormicks (sic) to be good, out in Banff the choice was somewhat limited, ..I should have remembered when i was at the mega-site on canmore that is "sobey's" ..BIG isn't the word!

..NB uk supermarkets ought to look at the layout for ideas, eg the soup aisle layout ..WOW ..sounds distinctly dull but incredibly user friendly & space efficient.

In Banff (as in alot of slightly out of city places order fulfillment is around 6-8 weeks , so we took what was there last time (& tasty it is too) ..so happy to go with what you know & recommend.
your seasonings are around 20 yrs ahead of us! :wink:
By SaneInsideInsanity
haha yeah sobey i prefer little markets to the bigs stores, but it is convient
By GUS
ditto, my first foray into sobey's came a year ago (summer) whilst looking for saral paper for us in the uk, loked everywhere within a 40 mile radius..

Unfortunately even the locals supermarket has been taken over, so the choice was dwindling..

(& we have to get timbits from Canmore's Hortons nearby)
By SaneInsideInsanity
I love Canmore my aunt has a place there so pretty....just think gus at one point we may have been within a 40 k radius of each other :O....Ive never found Saral paper herein the peg which is a capital abit a small one so i dont think banff of canmore would have....did you find any?
By GUS
none, just alot of grease-proof paper by saral..
By SaneInsideInsanity
K i got it gus pm me your addy and ill try and post it monday
By GUS
SaneInsideInsanity wrote:K i got it gus pm me your addy and ill try and post it monday

cheers, PM sent!

(essential for halloween cooking) ..eg rack of "man"
By GUS
Sane! ..it's here! ..& it smells (GOOD) :lol:
Thankyou, the dogs are celebrating by having garlic liver this morning, ..just need to stay down wind of them today.
I'll be having a bit of food with my garlic tonight!
Cheers, ..& the Halloween card is a first too!