Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By blueikaos
Canadiancarver, $2 a piece?!? How does that work? I would love to get them that cheap.

We paid 50 bucks for 4!

Which is part of the reason I am hesitant to go get more
By Kittie
We got 132 of them for $150. Around $1.14 each. And NICE sizes too! We just had to pick and haul them ourselves.

Everyone up in Northern Michigan seems to have good pumpkins.
By CanadianCarver
blueikaos wrote:Canadiancarver, $2 a piece?!? How does that work? I would love to get them that cheap.

We paid 50 bucks for 4!

Which is part of the reason I am hesitant to go get more

Our local grocery store chain (the Superstore) advertised them on our Thanksgiving weekend for $2 a piece. I went to take a look, not expecting much. To my surprise, they had 30-40 bins full of pumpkins. I dug to the bottom where the large ones were, and ended up with a big haul, 35 in total. I was very happy to say the least!!!!
By emilymegan
Well, I had been paying $3.99 per pumpkin at Sobey & Superstore and had quite a few. THEN, I discovered a pumpkin patch around 45 minutes away. There were pumpkins as far as the eye could see and he was selling them for $2.50 each. And, the biggest pumpkins I've ever seen (well, outside of the GIANT pumpkins), lol. I ended up getting 15 more :)
By blueikaos
Thats great!

Our patch must have been charging $3.99 a pound!

i think I'm gonna check our grocery store and see if they have any good ones for cheap since we carved ours last weekend (the 18-19) and they are already starting to wilt...despite the vaseline we put on them.. :(