Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By 500cdn
Hi S.A.M

Are You Growing Pumpkins This Year ?
By S.A.M
Hello 500cdn nice to meet ya, hey another Brit has been infected with the Zombie Pumpkin virus :D :lol:

I am indeed growing more pumpkins this year, they were a little later than last year in producing the fruit but then again they also seem to have been faster at ripening! I've grown a variety known as Longface:

Sorry about all the previous pictures no longer working, my ISP decided it was closing the web hosting it has provided for the last 8 years, so I lost everything stored there :x
By 500cdn
Hi S.A.M
The Pictures Look Great :D
Do You Sell The Pumpkins Or Just Use Them Yourself ?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Looking good S.A.M. Someday I hope to grow my own pumpkins, so I'll have to stop by this section of my own forum for advice. :)
By S.A.M
500cdn wrote:Hi S.A.M
The Pictures Look Great :D
Do You Sell The Pumpkins Or Just Use Them Yourself ?
Hi, I don't grow enough to sell they're just for me to carve and then I'll end up buying a couple of big ones from the market :D

Yeah you should give it ago Ryan, nothing quite beats the satisfaction of carving your own grown pumpkins, you look at them growing with a menace in your eye knowing that a ZP pattern will soon adorn them :lol: They really take no growing I was a bit over the top last year I think haha
Just remember not to plant too many and keep it to one pumpkin per vine if you want nice size ones.

Well three of my five vines were looking a bit past it now and the pumpkins looked orange enough to harvest, so that's what I did this afternoon;

No prize winners there but hey they will carve the same :D
By Tkaraoke
Wow! They look nice and smooth which is exactly what you want for carving.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yeah S.A.M, those look great! Smooth and orange. Not moldy and bumpy like a Zombie Pumpkin, but hopefully they'll meet that sort of fate soon enough. :twisted:
By Joey
Oh man those are some gorgeous pumpkins! They just look so smooth and bright. Lucky you, that's a great harvest!

(Makes me want to try again, even after the disaster I had a few years back!)
By 500cdn
Fantastic Pumpkins

They Are That Good They Look Like Artificial
By GUS
500cdn wrote:Fantastic Pumpkins

When are yours due???
By S.A.M
Thanks for the comments guys :D :D They are indeed nice looking pumpkins, I don't think I've even bought any that looked as smooth as those.

I've just harvested the last two pumpkins, the vines were almost dead now but the pumpkins not fully ripened, these two still have a bit of green and are no way as nice looking as the ones above :D
By 500cdn
GUS wrote:
500cdn wrote:Fantastic Pumpkins

When are yours due???
my item left the United States from LOS ANGELES at 8:16 PM on September 16, 2008

They Should Hopefully Be In The UK Now :D
By GUS
You got four perfects as I recall? anything else??
By 500cdn
When Are You Carving Your Pumpkins S.A.M.