Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By SuperSonic
I got my first 9 pumpkins a few days back. A two day trip due to a minor accident. Don't worry we're all okay, no need to sweat the details.

Anyway, Here they are. The most daring group of wacky gourds, competing in the Wacky 2013 Halloween.

The Gourds are approaching the starting line.

Here is Gandalf the Grey in his Orange Dragon Fireworks Convertible.

Next up, the Unknown Pumpkin, disguised as my 2010 Home Grown Pumpkin. Of course bigger.

This is all for now. (And yes I felt the need to narrate it :lol: ).

Carves as they come up in this thread.
By SuperSonic
monstermash wrote:They all look absolutely perfect SS. You sure know how to pick a pumpkin.
I search for hours if I have to, even travel from store to store. I once back in 2011, went to 3 stores before I even bought ONE.

Only the best Pumpkins (I can find), for my displays :)
By monstermash
Thats the way to do it, only the best. I didn't take long enough this year and i'm already suffering with three casualties, remind me next year to take longer and feel around the stalks more.
By SuperSonic
monstermash wrote:Thats the way to do it, only the best. I didn't take long enough this year and i'm already suffering with three casualties, remind me next year to take longer and feel around the stalks more.
I always check all my kins before purchase, this way I get no surprises laster (although sometimes its inevitable). For example, one of my kins has a gouge, not deep, but a gouge none-the-less. I'm going to avoid having that one carved until about the 28th, this way I can keep an eye on it daily.
By Raven
I bought some today and spent so long looking at and touching each 'kin 2 different people came out to ask if I needed help with anything. The second person seemed concerned. :)=
By NikkiRae
Those look like great picks! And I can understand taking a long while to pick your pumpkins. My mom and I went pumpkin shopping last week and I spent at least 30-45 minutes looking at ones outside of one of the local grocery stores. Then ended up not buying any of them! Needless to say, she was frustrated. Are you planning on picking up more or is 9 your count for the year?
By amandap80
Those are gorgeous! Great picks. I need to get the rest of mine purchased.
By SuperSonic
So far no one has gotten the reference, but thats okay :(

Thanks for the comments though! I hope to pick up a few more today. And if not today, then tomorrow
By SuperSonic
Of course you would do that! :lol: At least someone got it :thumbsup:
By monstermash
Wowzer! Ive got plenty for myself and I still feel jealous. It seems you like the more traditionally round kins rather than the longer, squarer types that make for an easier carve.