Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By vibhandaka
I went last weekend and got 7 beautiful pumpkins at a local pumpkin patch. I looked them over thoroughly and they were fine. Now, only a week later 4 of them have soft white spots on them! I am so sad!!! Has anyone else had this happen?
By Raven
YES!

I seriously have never lost a pumpkin to rot before Halloween..this year I'm down 4, having to toss 2 of them and quickly carving the other 2 before they were beyond hope. It has been a little warmer here than usual, but I'm not sure if that is the reason. I keep them inside in my basement which isn't warm at all. It makes me sad. :cry:
By purple1worm
Yeah I've lost a couple though no more than 2 the same year.
Lost 1 to a squirrel .
The best you can do is cut around it, apply a mild bleach solution and carve as soon as possible.
By amandap80
I've had 2 rot this year as well. Of course, our weather here has been awfully damp.
By SuperSonic
I've lost up to 3 one year. Its bound to happen to me at some point. I tend to lose one per year. I cover them in a tarp outside to protect them from rain and such. I air them out once every week or so. But still. No matter what I seem to do one of them goes to the mold.