Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Raven
I'm always impressed with the talent and patience some of you have to be able to carve the really intricate, detailed and difficult patterns. So lets show them off! What is the most difficult pattern you have carved?

I realize there will be a lot of non ZP patterns shown, so Ryan, if you don't want a bunch of non Zombie's on here feel free to delete this thread.

I've done a few hard ones and in the middle of carving always wonder why I decided it would be a good idea to do a more challenging carve. Here are two that I've taken on.

Sorry for the poor picture quality, these were done before I even cared about what the picture even looked like, and far before lighting and props came into the picture.

This one is a scanned in image. I think someday I will try to do this one again. It was done back in '97 according to the date on the back of the pic. I do distinctly remember having to go back to the store for another pumpkin when I put my whole hand through this one. This was also done back in the days of the hole poke method of transferring the design.

This was also done with the hole poke method. Check out the "3" on the clock face, or what is suppose to be a 3.. I have no idea what I turned it into! :lol:

I know a lot of you do shaded patterns and while I myself hate shading I really like how some of them look when done and you can really get some amazing carves with shading. Lets see your detailed works!
These would be the top 4 based on intricate that I've carved.

The Pieta
- my only mistake was, I should have printed the pattern larger, to fill more of the pumpkin.
The carve would have been somewhat easier if larger, some very thin lines on this one.

The Garden Fairy
Many tiny little cutouts on this, and small shaded area's.
Look at her knee - yea that was fun to shade.

This was a Custom Carve for a couple that was getting married.
It's 4 Color, and took about 5 hours, The original Carve was 3 color and got damaged in shipping (Thanks UPS).
So I felt I should up the challenge . :wink: There's SOOOO many tiny cutouts in this carve, mainly on the tree.

This pattern/carve was inspired by Ryan's "Fulci Zombie" Pattern.
Zombie Pumpkins, is one of the main sites that inspires my creativity.

Hottie McNaughty wrote:Vertigo was the toughest for me because it took a lot of planning ahead with all the lines. It was at the end of an all nighter and I was feeling pretty punchy:
I did that one too, before I learned about saral paper. Trying to figure out which pokes wen with which swirl was making my eyes cross! Also JP's Mars Attacks was hard too.
IMG_3854 by punchipunchi_81, on Flickr