Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Tkaraoke
A mom of a friend of mine really loves penguins...I mean she has them all over her house! Since she's had a really rough year with taking care of her husband after two strokes (and a heart bypass last year) I thought I'd give her something really unique. This isn't a ZP pattern but I thought it was so cute that she would really love it:

Sorry for the slightly blurry picture. For the life of me this little fellow wouldn't hold still for me. I took like about 20 pictures and this one actually turned out the best.
By Tkaraoke
Aww man! Tragedy struck while I was talking this pumpkin to my friend's house to give to her mom. The part that defines the separation of Tux's beak broke off and the piece was so thin and small it just wouldn't stay glued. I was really bummed about that but this is a valuable lesson for me. I knew I should have been more careful with the delicate pieces when carving and I weakened that part when I tried to cut too much pumpkin. I should have took smaller pieces instead of one large one. I learned my lesson so I hope I don't make that same mistake again when I carve Tux v2.0
By finklemyer
awww .. . that bites, although with the right glue it might stay, have you tried a modler's glue, kinda like super glue, I have some holding together lots of things that shouldn't stay glued . . . might be worth a try.
By Tkaraoke
I ran out and bought some Crazy Glue Gel (which said it works well for pourus surfaces) so I thought I'd give it a shot. I was so upset about that not gluing together, I'm not even sure where that broken piece ran off to.

There was actually another flaw in the pumpkin (carving knife sliced through one of his eyes) but it held together. I have a feeling that project was doomed from the start.
By haktup
two words...

Gorilla

Glue

The stuff is my saviour for everything.
By Donaldo
My first attempt of a pattern from a personal photo. Here's penguins from SeaWorld Orlando.

Now can anyone gimme a little help on how to post the pics here? Unless there's a asnake about to bite me, my brain is taxed out.

Thanks,
D
By Tkaraoke
The best thing to do is to go to a free picture hosting site (I use www.photobucket.com), sign up for an account (it's free), upload your pictures to the site, then copy and paste the [IMG] command string in your message in the forum. It sounds 10 times more difficult that it actually is. If I can do it, anybody can.