Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Steve-o
Well, folks, I bought my first pumpkin last night (at the grocery store . . . . I couldn't resist) and I hope to carve it tonight! Ohhhh, the possibilities! I have a BUNCH of stencils printed out . . . Which one to use . . . ? :D Which scraping of the innards to try? Can I find my carving stuff?!? YIKES!! Didn't think of that! :?

If I can figure out how to post a picture, I'll put one on when it's done!
By Steve-o
Well, I'm finished! I went with the venerable Gomez Addams and I'm pretty pleased with the results. I took a couple of pics, but don't have a way to post them as of right now . . . oh well :? Take my word for it . . . it's awesome! :D
By Tkaraoke
You mean that you actually used film instead of a digital camera? Man, get out of the stone age!
:lol:

If they are digital, it's extremely easy to share them here.
By Steve-o
Well, I guess what I meant is that I don't have access to a website to put them on then link them here.
By Tkaraoke
I like Photobucket myself. I've stored quite a few pics on there and so far I seem to have room for more. I'm sure I'm going to run out of space...you don't get very much of nothing for free.
By Aylortay
I keep meaning to ask Ryan about that... If you just post the link without hitting the URL button first, it posts it correctly. So just type it in like you would in your browser window and it will work fine
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Just putting in a URL will turn it into a link. But I think what Steve-o was trying to do was place the image itself right on the forum page, rather than loading it as an outside link. Not sure why those image tags didn't work. Others are posting photos okay. (but steve-o's code looks correct too). Hmmm.....
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Drayco
Steve-o wrote:Can't seem to get it to work right . . .

Hit the Img button before and after the http address and it should work. Anyways, nice job on the pumpkin Steve-o!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ah, see the img and url tags do work. Drayco just has the magic touch.
By Steve-o
I guess the button things confuse me (don't do too much of the forum thing other than here). Do I hit the "IMG" button before or after the link to Photobucket? Or both?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
You hit the Img button, paste the address of the image, and then press the Img button again. Or just type out the opening and closing tags in brackets, with the address in between.

You did it correctly. I haven't clue why the image won't show up in your post, but it worked for Drayco. Must be some fluke of this phpBB system I have installed. I didn't program this area of the site, so you can't blame me. :P
By Steve-o
Well as long as I did it right, that's all that matters! We'll see if it works on future posts.

On this one, I used a combination of two different scoops to get the goop out. One was a "homemade" one that a friend made for me that he made out of acrylic. No idea how he did it, but it's just a little hand-held paddle with monster teeth on it to do the majority of the scraping. The other scoop was from a kit I found by EZ Halloween...

http://homelogichalloween.com/productde ... rving-kits

Didn't take to terribly long, but I am going to try the Monster Scoop at some point this season.

Anyway, the bottom part of the pumpkin I managed to scrape down to about a 1/2 inch thich, but the top part was well over an inch thick, so I goofed up there, but know better for next time. The thinness really made a difference in getting the details done correctly!