Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Well, the first pumpkin I completed for the year looks like Bantha Poodoo.

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!! :roll:

OK, so it's not that bad (or good, for that matter), but it's my first attempt at sculpting and my third attempt at shadows. The image is of VaderMaker, a very good Vader costumer who tragically was killed in a driving accident a few years ago. Despite the face that this carving sucks, it is a memorial pumpkin, so I hope the fellas on the Darth Vader Creations Forums aren't too offended by my work. By the way, here is the shadow. It looks weird because I used 3 candles to get the right exposure for the shadow itself.

And here's the carved area for the shadow.

And that being said...

I'm better off carving out some ZP designs!!! :D
By vaderknightrider
I said it, and I did it.

It's Buffy!!!

By vaderknightrider
Patch Master is probably gonna yell at me about this, but I gotta post this because it's so cool!!

I found a book on Disney Princesses pumpkin carving patterns at the Wal mart yesterday. You get Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella (or Cinderelli), and the evil Snow White witch (which kinda looks like my grandmother :lol: ). Also included are eyes and mouths to show off the face.

Anyway, my daughter likes Ariel, and she wanted me to carve her favorite Disney Princess for her. So here it is...

This photo was taken about 7 feet away. Looking at the carving up close, you can tell very easily that the eyes and mouth looks like a design Picasso would love, but at a respectable distance, it's rather difficult to tell.
By Kittie
Pretty cool!
By Tkaraoke
I saw that kit the other night too (they also have a Pirates Of The Caribbean kit but their Davy Jones looks like squid-meat compared to ZP's!) but I thought it was a little freaky that you had to glue the eyes on. It just struck me as weird and I didn't pick it up. One of my nieces is named Ariel and I would love to make an artificial pumpkin for her with The Little Mermaid on it.
By Drayco
Tkaraoke wrote:One of my nieces is named Ariel and I would love to make an artificial pumpkin for her with The Little Mermaid on it.
PM you're email address and I'll send you a pattern that doesn't require gluing the eyes.
By Pumpkin King
Walmart also has a pattern book of Winne the Poo characters as well (Poo, Tiger, Eyore, Huffalump, Piglet, Rabbit, and Roo). I also saw they had some MLB stencils (Cardinals and Yankees).
By vaderknightrider
Thanks for the help, Drayco!!

I have another Vader carving I did last night, and I just got permission to show everybody the carving. I asked permission because the carving is made from a picture of a Vader costumer posing in his costume. This is called Darth Phaeton.

By Tkaraoke
I have to post again about those kits because I wasn't intentionally slamming them about the eyes or the quality of the patterns. I realize those kits are made for kids and are not meant to be overly complicated.
By Angel
Tkaraoke wrote:I thought it was a little freaky that you had to glue the eyes on.
I got the impression that it was to glue the makeup on more than to glue the eyes on. It was kind of creepy that you couldn't have a princess pumpkin without the makeup, too. I'll have to go back and look at the pirate one. Maybe that will change my impression.
By Tkaraoke
Angel ZP wrote:I got the impression that it was to glue the makeup on more than to glue the eyes on. It was kind of creepy that you couldn't have a princess pumpkin without the makeup, too. I'll have to go back and look at the pirate one. Maybe that will change my impression.
When I looked through the pattern book (someone had broken the seal...I'm innocent for a change) they showed the princess's stencils without eyes. I thought I was caught in some kind of bizzaro/twilight zone world! I was like...OMG! GASP!! CHOKE!!!:shock:
By vaderknightrider
Actually, the eyes and mouth are plastic pieces that are pushed into the carving wall.
By Tkaraoke
vaderknightrider wrote:Actually, the eyes and mouth are plastic pieces that are pushed into the carving wall.
Like a Mr Potato Head? Yipes! LOL
By vaderknightrider
Close. There's little arrows to push into the carving wall.

By Tkaraoke
Interesting...but still creepy as hell! LOL

I went to Hobby Lobby today and I did see a pumpkin decoration kit that was *EXACTLY* like a Mr. Potato Head toy complete with ears, nose, and mouth that you "spear" into the pumpkin. I sat there thinking how freaking lazy is that?
:lol: