Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Ajax
Awesome, one of my top 5 favorite patterns from this year. Are you using real pumpkins or foamies? They look real.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Cheshire Cat looks great with the glowing smile and eyes. Proof of concept right there. I wonder if others will follow your lead.
By Ajax
I need a tutorial on how to shade, what tools do you use etc. I kind of like to carve alot of pumpkin patterns for halloween and think that would slow me down alot. Love the effect though on this and Iron Man. Are you picking up more pumpkins for Halloween Dadja?
By Dadja
Ajax wrote:I need a tutorial on how to shade, what tools do you use etc.
I use some cheap wood carving tools. Takes some practice, but works out pretty ok.

I trace the pattern using the saral paper, and then I use the carving tool to cut along the lines, about 2 mm deep. I wash of the blue lines and then use the carving tools to slice off the skin in the area's I traced. Bigger areas I 'scrape' to flatten it out.
Ajax wrote:Are you picking up more pumpkins for Halloween Dadja?
If I can find any :( problem is, you don't really get a lot of good ones over here. That's why I grown mine myself...
By Ajax
Ajax wrote:Are you picking up more pumpkins for Halloween Dadja

If I can find any :( problem is, you don't really get a lot of good ones over here. That's why I grown mine myself...
That sucks, I look forward to your line ups each year. Especially for the main event.
By Hottie McNaughty
That looks great! I didn't even notice the missing piece as I was inspired by it's awesomeness.
By punchi
Awesome carve! I'm sorry all your punkins are rottin :cry:
By GUS
Nice Dadja, hope the rot's not racing through your kins, & you are simply carving because you cannot resist, either way top notch!
Shading seems your forte this year?