Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Wedge
This is #2 for watermelon tikis this year.

Thanks again for the great patterns ryan!
By Dans banana Loafcake
Yeah,

The ones in the UK are kinda small too. It's hard to find one of a carvable size.

Dadja, I think thats exactly how the Square melons are grown in Japan, with Glass jars. Not sure if they break them but it could explain the high price tag. Yeah, it might be a nice idea I some tries to grow a hundred weight Pumpkin in a large glass jar and see what happens. Dadja, I look forward to hearing about the results.

Dan
By Dans banana Loafcake
Hey Guys

Just thought I'd update you on my carvings, Finally managed to find a decent sized Melon. So heres my Tribal Tiki.

Dan
By Dans banana Loafcake
Thanks Mesmark,

We've still not got through the Watermelon yet, even though its been gorgeous weather here in the UK. I shall have some for lunch time at work tomorow though. :D

Dan
By Dans banana Loafcake
Right then guys,

The square melon/pumpkin phenomenon continues. I found this image on a grower’s forum, as you can see it’s a home made attempt but the results are quite good.

However, disturbing tales were on this forum of a man who tried to grow square pumpkins. Apparently our orange chums don’t take kindly to being restricted in a box and EXPLODE out of their boxes!!! :shock: The guy even used cast iron moulds to try and tame the beast but apparently he had no joy. This all sounds a bit suspect to me but I’m only relying what I read. So everyone (especially Dadja as I know you were thinking of growing some) be careful, if it wasn’t enough that we had Zombie pumpkins to worry about, we’ve now got exploding ones too!!! :shock:

Dan