Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By mesmark
I had a 39kg (87lb) pumpkin sitting on my porch since the end of Aug. praying it wouldn't go bad. Luckly it and some of it's younger brothers survived.

Here's the big one and was carved into the Pumpkin King

The typical 3 teethed guy was drawn on by my 4 year old son. I cut it out but he did a really good job for his first Jack o' Drawing
I took the above photo out by the wood stack and then moved them to the porch.

Yes, we have rats

Here are just a couple single shots

I threw a Halloween party for my students and brought all the Jacks and spread them around. I made a little picture spot comprised of a scare crow and ZP Jacks

At the end of the party I give away all of them to students to display. They play rock, paper,scissors to see who gets them and the lucky winners of the Eye of Newt insisted on carrying out the 28lb pumpkin and ...

They took it home anyway.

Hope everyone else had a happy Halloween!
By Pumpkingrower
That is one heck of a pumpkin.... Good thing you carved it up or heaven knows what it would of done to your and your family.

Nice Worm food carve/shot... tis another of my favs this year and overall Halloweenerific Display :!: :!:
By lynchy316
that is indeed the PUMPKIN KING!! i too would love one of those to carve! were you not tempted to do a picture on either side seeing as its was so HUGE :lol:
By mesmark
I never even thought about carving the other side :? But the other side was a little ugly.

I got a semi-jumbo pumpkin 2 years a go and have been saving the seeds and growing them with the help of a farmer friend. He loves it. I think he wants to grow a 1,000 pounder. I told him if you grow it, I'll carve it.

You guys could fly over and help. :D
By Dragon
Holy frig! I don't think I've ever seen a pumpkin that was that thick! I wouldn't think of carving that one. :lol:
By Niceworkbonedaddy
holy camoli that is a great pupmkin charlie brown and what justic you did by putting the king of pumpkins on there Jack the Pumpkin King thats awesome and great work !!
By mesmark
I also made a cute little grim reeper that I carved on a dying pumpkin a few weeks before halloween. It didn't make it to the main display.

Also since there were some comments about the thickness of the great pumpkin, I thought I'd show this picture as well

How's that for thick!
By cyberdman
Man that is a lot of scraping! :lol: