Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Lithium_joe
It's actually a simple recipe.

Take:
1 part toilet paper roll.
1 part gasoline

Mix together and let sit overnight.

Use a long lighter since it goes off with a bit of a "pop" in the beginning.

Instead of gasoline you can use kerosene or lamp oil. The lamp lights much slower and doesn't anywhere near the fumes, but it's more expensive.

I did try a paper towel role in a larger pumpkin I had. While visually pretty impressive, it only lasted about 15 minutes.

Thanks. :D
By Thunderclap
Those photos are awesome, it looks like a blow torch with the delayed shutter. Good work :twisted:
By FlamingPumpkin
The first pumpkin of 2009!

It's time to take gasoline to pumpkin and light this candle! Here's the Asylum Joker in blazing glory. I've got plenty more lined up from now until Halloween. It's never too early to get started.

Here's a few more images if you want to check them out!
http://rottenworks.com/gallery/hallowee ... index.html
By JMP919
totally totally awesome
By nosferatu
Brilliant! However, if I did that I would have to include an extra set of photos. The ones were the fire brigade turn up, the ones of me with the bandages on my burns, and the ones of me with no eyebrows and a singed forehead.

Great photography
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Glad to see you are up to your same pyrotechnic tricks. The Joker is well suited for that sort of thing, he long face and pointy hair is very flame-like already.

What effect does the flame have on the pumpkin? If you let it burn for 45 mins, do you end up with a charred mess and a shriveled up design?
By Ajax
All that work just to torch it :cry:
By FlamingPumpkin
I haven't lost my eyebrows yet, so it's all good so far! There is a bit of a "whoosh" when it goes up, but that's why the smart pyro uses a long BBQ lighter. I'm tempted to try a flaming torch one of these nights. Not only would it be effective, but I think it would add a certain look to the whole affair.

The pumpkins get very hot to the touch. My victims, er, pumpkins are about 25+ pounds so they have pretty thick skins (I do have to thin that down in a lot of cases). They have no problem lasting the 45 minutes or even going two rounds, which I have been known to do. But yes, the more intricate the design, the more likely it will come apart in the process. I've had a couple faces just burn away.

The pumpkin is charred completely on the inside and there's quite a few burn marks on the outside and through the pattern itself.

After all is said and done and the pumpkin has time to cool it collapses in on itself. It becomes as flat as a pancake. They don't last through the night and in the morning all that's left is an orange circle to mark where it all took place. :D

I don't look at it as work. I'm helping these pumpkins fulfill their ultimate Halloween destiny!

If you have a pattern that you think would lend itself to the higher flames, let me know, I'll incorporate it into my scheme. :)
By Hunter240x
awesome,

Does anyone else see the evil demon face the flame makes on the skull pumpkin pic? Or is it just me?
By SaneInsideInsanity
wow i want to see sam's jack up in flames like that :D great work and remember kids always have a supervising adult around when....wait a second i think with us sorts that might make things more dangerous never mind
By St0ney
I Have to agree with everyone else - these bad boys are Awesome.

The One question I have is......

Going by all of the photo's for the most part the flame is shooting straight up, out of the top, and the one photo shows, that even coming out both sides also, the flame is still going straight UP!

Has the Flame ever shot out. through the front cut-outs / carving?
During start to finish ?

I doubt, where I carve, they will allow me to do this.
A few years ago they Lost their entire Store/Barn on the Farm,
Because of a Huge Fire.

Seriously:

Here's PIX ! this was in 2002

Fire Destroys Linvilla's Octagonal Barn built in 1889

http://www.oldchesterpa.com/tragedies_fire_linvilla.htm

Umm Yea I'm not going to do it or Ask . :D

There's a BAD History there- But I So Want to Do this :D
By Joey
Yeah, no chance of me doing that here in SoCal, we've had too big a drought and too many bad brush fires already. Really neat effect though, makes me wish I lived somewhere less flammable.
By FlamingPumpkin
A tribute to Tallahassee and Zombieland. I'll be checking out the movie tomorrow, but no need to wait to carve a pumpkin. For my first picture I lit it the old fashioned with with a couple of tea lights.

But here's the better way to do it :)

The flame is very dependent on wind. It will curve and snake with the breeze and it can come through the front of the carving. There aren't any houses behind me so there's no problem having these in the back yard :)

I took quite a few pictures so if you want to see a few more check out the rest of the gallery here:
http://www.rottenworks.com/gallery/tall ... index.html
By nosferatu
Awesome! :o :o

Amazing photos too