Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By pagemaster1993
I think you did a very good job on that last one. I love the design.
By BrookR1
Punkin pliance...stovepipe!!!

what to do with the white pumpkin? This!

I wish this were the new VIP pattern, but I planned this stuff out two weeks ago.

Two more from Sunday...

A white side-sitting mummy.

Headless horseman. This is one of my favorite designs.

This is what I feel like after a long day at work.
Last edited by BrookR1 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
By SuperSonic
It would seem you're just absolutely killing it this year!!! Great carves. Can't wait to see the real pumpkins!
By sloaner
SuperSonic wrote:It would seem you're just absolutely killing it this year!!! Great carves. Can't wait to see the real pumpkins!
I think most of them are real. If not they are very nice looking foam pumpkins.
By BrookR1
El Diablo...I'm starting to enjoy working with shaded pumpkins.

Finished Friday 10/28 -- My super mongo vampire skull pumpkin. This sucker weighs about 40 lbs. I used 3 x 8.5x11 stick and carve sheets for this one.

Size comparison with a normal foamie...

Last edited by BrookR1 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By chuckwagon
I came here specifically to see if you had carved a Pug1 pumpkin pliance in accordance to our former discussion on the pictures thread a week ago... You did not disappoint! LOL. An excellent carve! Very cool. Are you going to keep that for yourself or were you thinking of sending it up to Inwerds as a gift? Ya bess!!! I'm sure the appreciatory valve would be wide open, and you for sure would get a little feature on the YewwwwTewwwwwbs. Daunt wut ya Saunt, and stovepipe our sissers. Beg my pard, and then we cheech! Yeah we did!

PS- I'm sure no one except us knows what we're talking about, LOL... We probably sound like a couple of derelict goofs to most everyone else. I apologize.
By BrookR1
I would send it to inwerds, but that's a real one. Wassa matter fer yerself? Open that box after a week,...ya bessent less ya sick yerself terrible. I sent him a pic and he responded saying it was more awesomner. Doubt they get many trick r treaters. Anywerds, smoke 1000 cigrits and don't let the walchers get ya.
By BrookR1
Last carving push...completed today. Woo Hoo! I never want to see another pumpkin as long as I live.

Beavis and Butthead

A shaded witch...by the time I finished this one, I was tuckered out.

And last but not least...the grand pumpkin finale...my most prized carve because it brings me back to my childhood and simpler times.

All in all it was a great carving year. I really pushed myself this year and feel more confident to try some of the more difficult patterns. Although I could never carve 20 pumpkins in a year if they all looked like Rembrandts. I also hope that my daughter will be old enough to pick up a knife or saw and carve her own next year. Thanks everyone for your kind comments and inspiration and to Ryan for hosting such a great site.

Final pics of the grand display will be posted in 2 days.
Happy Halloween!
Really outstanding carves! I'm actually a huge fan of just a simple traditional pumpkin face. I feel the same way about lighting real pumpkins. I must use a candle even though there are so many other options out there now. I used candles as a kid and just wont change. Makes me sound old.. "Back when I was a kid we only had candles to light our pumpkins, used a big kitchen knife to carve with and just made triangle eyes, nose and square teeth for the mouth." :P
Fantastic carves! And love the traditional jack face, I must admit that I also do one like that every year between my other carves, it also takes me back, it's how I learned to carve, I think most of us have.
And Raven, I completely understand what you mean, I also must use real candles to light my pumpkins, I think it still is the only real, authentic, way to do it.
And nothing beats the smell of half baked pumpkin spreading through your house because of the warmth of the candle, only then it's Halloween :wink: