Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Raven
Just look at the flowers, Lizzie.

Just like Carol, this pumpkin was really tough! It had extra thick skin or something. It made her very tough to carve. I'm not complaining though, I swear! I am just glad it wasn't moldy or rotten!
By Raven
chuckwagon wrote:Very nice Raven... I'm kinda interested n that gun... Is it a prop, or real? Looks like .357?
It's real. It's my husband's, well, one of his. I needed a revolver since that's what Carol had in the "flowers" scene. Got to be authentic with your firearms. :P It's a Smith and Wesson, shoots 10mm.
By mesmark
Raven - I've been slammed here trying to get everything done for my party, but I've been watching your carves and photos. They're all fantastic! I was quite "blah" about carving and felt like I was going to take a year off from trying to come up with unique photos. However, your carves and photos have really inspired me to get off my stump and make something of this carving season. Thanks for the push and fabulous photos. :thumbsup:

I love them all but I have to say the Snow White Set with Snow White's reflection in the mirror is outstanding!
mesmark wrote: I was quite "blah" about carving and felt like I was going to take a year off from trying to come up with unique photos. However, your carves and photos have really inspired me to get off my stump and make something of this carving season. Thanks for the push and fabulous photos. :thumbsup:
Same here. If you can be bothered to set up these great shots Raven, so can we! Hopefully... :)
By Raven
mesmark wrote:Raven - I've been slammed here trying to get everything done for my party, but I've been watching your carves and photos. They're all fantastic! I was quite "blah" about carving and felt like I was going to take a year off from trying to come up with unique photos. However, your carves and photos have really inspired me to get off my stump and make something of this carving season. Thanks for the push and fabulous photos. :thumbsup:

I love them all but I have to say the Snow White Set with Snow White's reflection in the mirror is outstanding!
Wow, Mark, thanks for the fabulous compliment! It's funny, because last year and already this year I keep telling my husband that come next year I'm going to skip the elaborate staging and maybe only carve one or two 'kins, if any at all. He just smiles and says "o.k. honey" with that knowing look on his face, and sure enough here I am playing photographer. What I really need to do is get out the nice camera and maybe take sharper/clearer pictures. You, along with everyone else here, inspire me to keep it up. Snow White is my favorite of mine as well..so far. Although I didn't like her at first. :wink:
Last edited by Raven on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:shock: I LOVE that picture! All of your set ups and carves are fantastic this year! Bang up job! :thumbsup:
These carves and set ups are absolutely amazing! I mean, I'm in awe when I see your carves set up and shot like they are! Please don't stop the set ups or only carve 1 or 2, because we'd all lose out if you did.

Now I really can't wait to carve starting this weekend. :thumbsup:
By amandap80
NikkiRae wrote:Seriously, Raven's set ups always make me feel so ashamed of my boring photos lol they are so amazing!!!! I can't even believe half of the props she finds around for them. I am so jealous. Fantastic job, Raven!!!
Here here!
By Raven
You guys are making me blush, seriously! I wont say I don't like hearing it though. I'm always so critical of everything I do. :oops:

I have a few pumpkins left to carve yet, and a few VIP's to post here. I got a little excited last night as my husband actually got into the prop planning for one of them. In the 17 years of knowing him and 13 living together I have only seen him carve a pumpkin once!

I can't wait to do more and see what everyone else does! :kiss: