Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By SuperSonic
The orange tissue paper really makes this carve POP! Fab work Jack!
By Jack Carving
chuckwagon wrote:So awesome Jack! You won't be offended if I steal one of these ideas, will you? :thumbsup:
Of course not. In fact, if you do I would love to see them. :)
By shaft28
Spectacular carves, can't imagine how much your hands were cramping with those smaller designs...look amazing!
By Jack Carving
shaft28 wrote:Spectacular carves, can't imagine how much your hands were cramping with those smaller designs...look amazing!
(replying from my phone)

You have no idea. :o

Worth the hassle though I suppose. :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Jack Carving, these trio pumpkins are awesome. I love seeing this sort of thing done. Combining patterns can be like putting together a puzzle, and when the pieces fit, it's impressive.

The progress photos are fun to see, and inspirational to those who might want to do the same.

Loving that photo of the horror slashers with the nice orange glow. :thumbsup:
By Jack Carving
Thanks ZP! It's always nice to receive such high praise from you. :D

Arranging the trio of Slashers on that Target pumpkin definitely felt like piecing together a puzzle. Those things are just a slight be smaller than the ones I've purchased in the past years from Michael's.

I have 2 big Target pumpkins left and 6 medium sized Michael's pumpkins left (4 gemmy's and 2 funkins), still trying to figure out what to carve into them. I have an idea, but I'm not quite sure of how I want to execute it. I'm also wanting to save a few til I see what other patterns you're bringing us this year. :)
By Jack Carving
Carved this for my neighbor as a house warming gift. The lines aren't the best, I decided to swap out my old hot knife bit for a new one on my Versa-Tool, I suppose I'd gotten used to the resistance the dull one gave me. heh... and of course, those darn support ribs can make you think the pumpkin is thicker than it really is. Them's my excuses and I'm sticking to them. :thumbsup: :lol:

By SuperSonic
Nice Mickey you got there. Classic artwork too. Great carve! :thumbsup:
By Jack Carving
Raven wrote:I love that Mickey pattern. I carved it one year and lost a big piece out of his hand. He still made me happy to look at though.
Was it the little half circle that outlines his palm? This one ended up super flimsy too, I cut it on the inside at too severe of an angle and didn't realize it until I was poking the pieces out, I almost lost it too. In fact if you look closely the inside of the half circle isn't smoothed out much for fear of it breaking off. If I ever do this one again, I won't shrink it down as much.

I am still really happy with it though and I'm sure my neighbor will love it.

Thanks everyone!