Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Raven
I posted my Daryl carving on a Facebook site called Daryl Dixon Fanatics and they shared the photo. I gave credit to ZP! when I posted, unfortunately when the page admin shared the pic they didn't give credit. So far it has 9,350 likes and 1,941 shares! I tried to reply to as many people asking where they could find the pattern in the comments, and also posted a comment on where to find it, but I know not that many read the comments. Interestingly a lot of people thought the arrow head zombie looked like Obama... :lol:
Raven wrote:I posted my Daryl carving on a Facebook site called Daryl Dixon Fanatics and they shared the photo. I gave credit to ZP! when I posted, unfortunately when the page admin shared the pic they didn't give credit. So far it has 9,350 likes and 1,941 shares! I tried to reply to as many people asking where they could find the pattern in the comments, and also posted a comment on where to find it, but I know not that many read the comments. Interestingly a lot of people thought the arrow head zombie looked like Obama... :lol:
I think my wife is probably on that site somewhere! Top notch minion work there too, quantified and documented! But do you know what, that picture and that carve deserve double the amount, if not triple the amount of likes.
By Raven
nosferatu wrote:
Raven wrote:I posted my Daryl carving on a Facebook site called Daryl Dixon Fanatics and they shared the photo. I gave credit to ZP! when I posted, unfortunately when the page admin shared the pic they didn't give credit. So far it has 9,350 likes and 1,941 shares! I tried to reply to as many people asking where they could find the pattern in the comments, and also posted a comment on where to find it, but I know not that many read the comments. Interestingly a lot of people thought the arrow head zombie looked like Obama... :lol:
I think my wife is probably on that site somewhere! Top notch minion work there too, quantified and documented! But do you know what, that picture and that carve deserve double the amount, if not triple the amount of likes.
I'm just hoping it brings a ton of traffic to the site here! If anyone with a Facebook page wants to pop over and help reply to comments telling people where to get the patterns feel free! https://www.facebook.com/DarylDixonFanatics
By Raven
I LOVE Ryan's unique creations, so when I saw this I couldn't wait to carve it! The patterns this year so far have been so amazing. I'm getting worried though, I don't have many pumpkins left. I afraid I'm going to run out and there will be more patterns I just have to carve. I do have another pic to show, but it has a VIP carve in it, so it will have to wait.

Fantastic carve and photography! Quite superb! :thumbsup: I don't have all the fanciness of most cameras on mine. It's just a more advanced point-and-shoot Nikon. If I had the technology, well I'd use it :P

Great carve!
How could Raven not carve Grave 'n' Raven? It was simply meant to be. What really surprises me is that you didn't go to a real grave yard to take the picture. Like you did with Grim Reaper last year.

Anyway good carve and nice photography.
By Ajax
Is that a forest in the background? Looks fantastic so many little details. Surprised you didn't go capture a raven to photograph with your kin :D . Great job you can tell a lot of forethought is put into your photos.

I think Ryan would be okay with you posting VIP # 3 :thumbsup: only a couple of weeks left.
By Ajax
mesmark wrote:you're killing me. :arrowhead:

:lol: Me to, :arrowhead: I don't even know where to start now. I'll have to take my pumpkin skydiving or something to even make the gallery :oops:
By Raven
SuperSonic wrote: I don't have all the fanciness of most cameras on mine. It's just a more advanced point-and-shoot Nikon. If I had the technology, well I'd use it :P
I just use a point and shoot Sony Cyber-shot. I have no idea how to set exposure time and all that. I really just point and shoot. :P
pagemaster1993 wrote: What really surprises me is that you didn't go to a real grave yard to take the picture. Like you did with Grim Reaper last year.
I thought about doing that, but we had company arrive from out of town just as I finished carving. I was cooking dinner and also thought it might be a tad bit rude to just leave when he drove all that way to see us. Still, I was tempted.
Ajax wrote:Is that a forest in the background? Looks fantastic so many little details. Surprised you didn't go capture a raven to photograph with your kin :D .
I took this picture in my driveway. I am completely surrounded by the forest. I do have a deceased crow in the ash clean out door of one of my chimney's, just his wing is sticking out. I couldn't bring myself to touch him to use as a prop. I do have limits how far I will go for the picture. :P

Thanks for the super kind words everyone! As always you guys here and friends on Facebook are the only ones to see my carves. :kiss:
Ajax wrote:
mesmark wrote:you're killing me. :arrowhead:

:lol: Me to, :arrowhead: I don't even know where to start now. I'll have to take my pumpkin skydiving or something to even make the gallery :oops:
Including Pyrotechnics, fireworks and a nude celebrity won't cut it against that photo. Stunning.