Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By purple1worm
Here are my carves for 2014. They are all cell phones pics so not the best quality. I hope to submit some better ones I took with my camera at a later date.
First a group pic of all 8 uncarved 'kins.
My 2 Jacks. I carved "Halloween Movie" Jack and my bf did "Sleepy Hallow" Jack.
unlit:
Image then lit : Image
Next is Witch Way to go with my witch: Image
then I carved Grave 'n' raven that went great with my Poe from last year!
I wanted to do a Stephen King theme this year here's the last 4 :
Pet cemetary cat: Image
Pennywise :Image
Jack Torrance and Redrum, not pleased with these 2 pics at all:

Lastly a group shot
Last edited by purple1worm on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Ajax
They look great I like the stephen king theme and the group shot is nice.
By nosferatu
They are great carves. I love the literary themes too and the display looks fantastic. 8)
By monstermash
A great cluster of pumpkins there purpleworm. I've never thought of doing the Stephen King themed patterns all at once. Lets hope Ryan does a few more patterns like those, I'd love a go at them. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
By SuperSonic
Phenomenal carves! Love the King theme! :thumbsup:
By purple1worm
Thanks guys. I was happy with them. I figured even people who don't recognize the movies would still think they are creepy!I would have loved to have a Stephen King pattern to go with them! :D
By shaft28
They look great, really like the Jack/red rum, very cool.
By purple1worm
Ok took me a few minutes but it's fixed. I think you were right mesmark. I had to edit all the urls. Think this year I'll go back to photobucket.
The group shot was taken with my camera so it came out much better than the others.

Here's a few more taken with my camera

My yard with my papier mache pumpkin head.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
purple1worm - Thanks for fixing those image links, I hope it wasn't too much trouble. I'm enjoying looking through last years carving photos. Some of which I missed at the time. And it's just good inspiration to get me pumped for the 2015 season.

You had some good looking canvases to carve last year. Always glad to see some classic jack faces in the mix. That's very traditional. Grave 'n' Raven always pairs well with Poe.

And that Stephen King theme... genius! Honestly, I never even really considered doing that. Shining, IT, Pet Sematary... I never released them as a "set" but they obviously have a common connection. I'll have to consider other Stephen King designs (and maybe one of the man himself).
By purple1worm
No trouble plus I got to share some of my better pics. I like looking at the carving pics too! The 'kins might rot but the pics never will.
I always at least 2 jacks 'cause I like to put them on my 2 crosses. I enjoy making mini themes for the yard and I try to include a few oldies with new patterns!