Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Starting the season early with some foamies that I have leftover from last year. It was a "blah" kinda day here today with rain, and I needed something to do. Got a hold of this medium gemmy, and made my sister a Kermit. Obviously, I have painted the outside of the pumpkin green, and my plan is to spray some adhesive inside, and roll green glitter around on it. ALSO, I'm thinking about some glow-in-the-dark top coat to the exterior. I bought a can of it, but have no experience or expectations right now. It's clear, so the green paint should still shine through. She is a nurse at the hospital here, and works with kids, so I'm thinking about doing some more kids stuff to let her place around the ward she works in at Halloween time for the kids who wont be able to trick or treat.

Last edited by chuckwagon on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 13 times in total.
By chuckwagon
Green paint was dry, so I rolled some glitter around inside, and added the glow paint. It actually ended up drying out a lot more "matte" than I originally thought it would, but it turned out PERFECT for a Kermit color I think! And it REALLY glows when you take it into a dark room! I was really happy with the overall turnout! *flails like Kermit* YAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!

Last edited by chuckwagon on Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pagemaster1993
Firsts foam carve of the year(I believe so. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.). Great work Chuck. :thumbsup:
By chuckwagon
Thanks page! I'm gonna go ahead and put this last one up too... after the GITD paint, Raven suggested that it might look good when exposed to a blacklight... She was soooooo right! I'm gonna give my "Frankenstein's Monster" kin a dose of this stuff now as well, and start looking for other color GITD spray cans at craft stores. The glowing effect is crazy awesome! My phone really cant do it justice.

Last edited by chuckwagon on Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Zee
chuckwagon wrote:She is a nurse at the hospital here, and works with kids, so I'm thinking about doing some more kids stuff to let her place around the ward she works in at Halloween time for the kids who wont be able to trick or treat.
You, Sir, are a good egg! Really great idea. :thumbsup:

The carve looks awesome too. I'm diggin' the green glitter!
By chuckwagon
Carved one of Stoney's designs today for my little niece... She's 19, so I guess not THAT little, but she is obsessed with Pink Floyd because my Dad was a huge fan. Did this as a little fun gift for her to put on a shelf in her room with my Dad's picture. She loves it :D

Last edited by chuckwagon on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By chuckwagon
"...Snoopy fired once, and then fired twice. And that bloody Red Baron went spinnin' outta sight"

Stoney, I love ya, but I swear to God, I sweat bullets every time I carve one of your designs with such thin lines, LOL... That Seven Dwarfs pumpkin last year gave me a slight heart attack! I've gotta figure out a way to reinforce the thinner areas to keep them from breaking too easily. I'm thinking maybe a spray glue on the interior to make it more rigid...

So, my best friend and his wife just recently began the adoption process for their future Son, and his 1st birthday is October 10th. Kyle (My best friend) had asked me If I could carve a unique pumpkin for the party they intend to have, and I decided that this really cool "T" from Stoney's site would be pretty fitting since the kids name is Tristan. October birthday... pumpkins...carving... It all seems to go together pretty well, and while it's not going to be a Halloween theme party by any means, I think everyone will enjoy this... So, Happy Birthday, Tristan, from your Uncle Chuckwagon :wink: