Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
It's totally normal to be carving real pumpkins in April right? Right? :? A little late for Easter and a far too early for Halloween but what the hey, here's a terrifying rabbit from the Twilight Zone.

The pumpkin was one my uncle grew last year and ive had it sitting in my house since then. I was surprised at how well it held up. A bit drier and stringier inside than normal but no rot to be seen. The picture was a little quick so excuse the blurriness. It felt weird carving this early, good though, roll on October. :D
Last edited by monstermash on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Raven
I can't believe y'all have real pumpkins still! I have a hard time keeping one for Thanksgiving at the end of November, never mind this long!

I take that back. I do still have a very small white one that was made in a mold to look like a face. It's still alive!

Great carving and pic as usual!
Great work. I still don't see how you still have a real pumpkin, but I guess that answer lies up ahead in The Twilight Zone.
Of course you have a hat and gloves like that - you must be a real magician to come up with this photo. I never expected to see someone else carving the Twilight Zone rabbit, also in a real pumpkin. Impressive! Love the light coming out of the hat. Great thinking.

Yeah, if you still have pumpkins around from last fall, the insides can be a little different. I suppose the moisture settles to the bottom inside, so the stringy stuff feels more dry. But it's amazing how well unbroken pumpkin skin can safely seal a pumpkin for so many months. You mostly have to watch points like the stem, where mold and rot can sneak into the edge of the skin. Mine started rotting there, which is why I had to do an emergency Easter carving.

Anyway, super carving and photo. All those teeth and wrinkles... you still got it!
Thanks everyone. I've never managed to keep a real one this long before, don't know what I did differently this time but it sure was nice to carve a kin this far from halloween. The hat and gloves are really old, like most things in this house! A few light sticks were used for the green glow, I wanted to seem as though he came from another dimension. I haven't actually seen the Twilight Zone movie but I was assuming from the description that the beast came out of a magicians hat, hopefully the two go together well enough.
Brilliant! Your pictures always take the pattern to another level, MMing I call it, a sort of Photoshopping for pumpkin carving. Proptacular and so jealous. Absolutely stunning and you do the wonderful pattern total justice. 8)
Talk about late to the party. I cant believe were over halfway through November. Sorry I haven't posted any pictures from my Halloween or commented on anyone else carves this year. I was taken ill on the 6th of the month with a mystery virus. I had to be taken to hospital as the virus had among other wonderful things given me septicemia and my body started to shut down. Real "white light" stuff. I'm alright though, not quite there yet but still alive... I think... :pale:

Anyway, I didn't get many pictures of my carves this year. I was too busy with party preparations to think of and construct staged shots for my kins so I just did one group in the graveyard and then took them all inside for a group shot with my skeletons in their room. If it's okay with the Patchmaster i'll just throw a few party and graveyard pics in here too as I don't really have enough to do a thread for them on their own :)

The party was a great laugh. Always crazy, always hectic but tons of fun. I'm the dead looking one in the Blue dress standing near Death. Little did I know, i'd almost bump into the real one a week later!

A bit of hi-jinks on the bonfire. It was a chilly night. Best place for a Nazi Zombie too.

I did the make up for these two and also the golf costume.

Not much has changed with the graveyard from previous years. Only the addition of another statue. The one on the left is the new one.

Pumpkins for a pumpkin thread:

Phew! Done. A very belated happy Halloween to you all. :love: :D :witch: :kiss:
Love your double and triple carves looks amazing. Your halloween 2 pumpkins is awesome and your background is always fantastic. I was waiting for your pics. Now I just need to see what Nos and Ryan did and we can call it a year. :thumbsup: hope your feeling better and all is well.
YAY! Finally!!! Glad you are on the mend and finally well enough to post your photos. I am really sorry I missed the party - looks like a fabulous time was had by all. Your contacts are creepier than I thought they would be. No way would I stay the night in that room , it's downright chilling.
As ever your carves are amazing. Great selection of patterns - love seeing Chernabog and Sam in there :love: .
Definitely and overall 20/10 :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really need to do prop making workshops. I would love to be able to make some of the things you do. Guess I will just have to pester you more :D :D .
Bloody hell MM, oh man I'm shocked and so sorry to hear you've been so poorly well not just poorly but seriously ill *hugs* Very happy to hear you're on the mend and doing well now :D :thumbsup:

Looks like you had a wicked party, I know Scotland gets cold but throwing party guests on the bonfire? :lol: Winter is coming! Your make-up and costume skills are top notch, you're a pro! Can you make me a costume for next year please? :lol: The golfer ghoul kinda reminds me of the one that visits Bill Murray in Scrooged when the mouse rolls the golf ball out of his head!

The graveyard; so nice to see it again it's very creepy & authentic looking and I love it! The statues are amazingly awesome and the skull + pumpkin placement = perfection! The photo of the fog, statue and pumpkins is brilliant, I'm running out of things to say I just really love it all :love: :love:

You always do such a great job with your pumpkins, decoration and lighting. Awesome work MM! You must be well pleased with the results of your hard work.

Your carves are as sharp and clean as ever, terrific pattern selection and those pumpkins really must've been humongous to get three patterns on some :shock: I can quite confidently say (from hundreds of miles away) I would stay in that room :lol: (would totally chicken out in reality)

:D :frank: