Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By nosferatu
Just showing my daughter various people's photos. "Wowzer!" she said of yours. I'm assuming that's a good thing. She also spotted something I hadn't, your triple. That looks great and such a cool shaped pumpkin 8)
By monstermash
Tell her thanks. :) Yeah I carved that one and the Patch Master on the day itself. The triple was a pumpkin my uncle grew for me. The skin on it was the toughest ive ever carved. Metal would have been easier. For three easy patterns it must have taken me about an hour and a half.
By S.A.M
Wonderful photos and carvings MM, I too am in awe at your set up :D I really like the tall pumpkin with three grinning jacks and Sam + unmasked on one pumpkin, they're all great! The make up & costume for your brother is terrifyingly good I bet many folks realised they had Coulrophobia when they saw it :lol: Hope you had a great Halloween :)
By Raven
I agree with Zombombie, Annabelle is my favorite shot of yours this year. It is truly unsettling. I also love the clowns with the clowns. I have to agree with Matspud, too, that mask would not stay in my closet.. or house. :P

Maybe that is the only spooky room in your house, but it's magnificent looking! It's easier that way. If all us minions came to visit we would all just squeeze into one room and stay there. Easier to keep track of us. :wink:
monstermash, I am always envious of your photo staging. It's one thing to place an appropriate prop next to a carved pumpkin. But your pumpkins... wow, they just feel like they are photographed in another place and time. The settings are right out of a vintage horror movie.

Do you just have skulls and piles of teeth laying around? I want to live where you live. You made the Tooth Fairy design a horrifying reality. The Witch has an amazing coloration on her skin, and the piles of apples are so perfect. I don't believe these are just Halloween props. I think you honestly do just have bottles of poison on hand... just in case.

I love your shot in the mirror, which allows you to show a character's alternate appearance in reflection. I keep meaning to take photos like this, but I never have a good mirror handy. Maybe next year!

These look like good sized pumpkins! Remind me again, where do you get them? Are all grown by your family?

Speaking of family... compliments to your uncle (or whoever else) helped with the camera work, it all looks brilliant. And your bro's clown costume is great. The makeup, the clothing, the gore. Oh, and the grin when he's with his pumpkin brethren. You know he's loving it. You sure know how to do Halloween in your household!

The group shots are just stunning. The pumpkins alone would be amazing, but add a few lanterns, a skeleton, some spider webs, etc, and it's a place I'd love to live.

Even though you chose some pop culture characters, they all have a classic Halloween vibe to them. Nothing takes me out of the fantasy realm you've created. Even your final group shot, with it's simple staging... it's just pure class.
Ok, those carves and setups were incredible!!! I'd love to set up like that and get pictures that were that amazing! I love it!!! :thumbsup:
By monstermash
Thank you Ryan and Mayor. The photo staging and the room are all really decorated for the pumpkins. If I didn't have ZP patterns to carve I don't think I go to so much bother. They need a proper home so for one or two weeks that's how it looks. I picked that room specifically because of the Victorian sideboard. It makes me think of the type of furniture the Addams family or the Munsters might have. I love it even though such furniture isn't really in fashion. It's a family heirloom which has come to me so i'll take good care of it.
The tooth fairy was a last minute idea, I put Hocus Pocus on and made a load of teeth. Just before taking the photo I remembered the old pliers so I couldn't resist getting them out.
The pumpkin I used for the Witch worked out great, it was my favourite looking pumpkin and by far my favourite pattern too. Raven had already done the apple carving in her photo so a couple of piles of shiny red apples was the next best thing I could think of.
I got four Pumpkins from my Uncle. One was a little baby so I carved Baby's first onto it for a friend who had their first baby in September. No picture of that one though, I clean forgot. The grinning jacks and the Patchmaster were his other two and ive kept one back for Clark Griswold if it keeps. The rest I got from a farm not to farm from me, same one Matspud gets hers from. They were a lovely crop this year, no rot at all, nice big and lovely long bodies, just how I like 'em.
Annabelle, Tooth Fairy, the skeleton duo and the Grinning Jack trio are all going to a fireworks party tonight. They've held up really well, just a little sloppy inside but pattern wise OK. I'm not going, I fancy a cosy night in with the extended edition of the Desolation of Smaug instead. :)
I carved him tonight with the tail end of a nasty cough/cold. Not even that was stopping my festive spirit. Photo was a quickie, the pumpkin was a tough one and it had a nasty scar right where Clark's mouth is so not the cleanest work. Hope you all get your christmas bonuses! :D
I've been seeing more Clarks carved this year. So happy to see it. I think we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f------ Kaye.

Thanks for using the pattern and sharing the photo, monstermash! Hope you have a healthy Christmas.