Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Ajax
Xenomorph definitely steals the show you can tell a lot of time and effort was put into that shot and it shows. Congrats on many great photos and carves.
I think this might be it for me this year. I have one more pumpkin that I will be carving for my niece and nephews as I always do. My awesome niece wants to dress up as Napoleon Dynamite and I plan on craving his pattern for her. I doubt I will do any staging for it as I'm just not feeling it anymore. I had my throat procedure done and right now everything is an effort. :thumbsdown:

I also kind of messed up on these 'kins. I use a pumpkin gutter and broke my husbands cordless drill. We thought it was just a dead battery but it still doesn't work after charging so I have no idea what I've done to it (oops). He gave me his heavy duty drill that plugs into the wall outlet and explained it was a "real" drill and the other is just a big screwdriver. OK, whatever. Well, I really thinned the walls of all 3 of these WAY to much with it. It was crazy. I was a mad woman with a power tool! The walls are scary thin on these and I'm so surprised I didn't break someone's face completely out.. Unfortunately that also means they wont last very long.

Halloween forecast is cold, wind, rain and then snow. :thumbsdown: I guess these patterns are appropriate for the weather on Halloween though!

Last edited by Raven on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rotten pumpkins, and a cold rainy halloween night. You sure you haven't moved to Scotland Raven?
Although you went all Tim Taylor on the Frozen patterns, they've turned out beautifully. They would look gorgeous at Christmas.
I still can't believe you've done this many amazing pictures with feeling so crappy. Your niece gets 100 awesome points for wanting to be Napoleon Dynamite.
I just want to say thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures on here, if I didn't see set up like yours I know I wouldn't be inspired and encouraged to try my own. You may not get many ToTers down your way but rest assured there are plenty of people all around the world admiring your work.
S.A.M wrote:Lovely picture Raven, you've done a superb job on the carvings :D Is that fake snow/ice? It looks real cold brrr. Cold, wind, rain and snow for Halloween? It's set to be the hottest Halloween on record here, around 20°C/68°F Fire up the BBQ :lol:
I don't want to hear about your lovely weather!! :x :wink:
The "snow" is fake stuff that I had left over from making a few Christmas crafts (yes, already). I just poured it all over everything than vacuumed it up, which means I have probably broke the vacuum now as well.
monstermash wrote:Rotten pumpkins, and a cold rainy halloween night. You sure you haven't moved to Scotland Raven?
Although you went all Tim Taylor on the Frozen patterns, they've turned out beautifully. They would look gorgeous at Christmas.
I still can't believe you've done this many amazing pictures with feeling so crappy. Your niece gets 100 awesome points for wanting to be Napoleon Dynamite.
I just want to say thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures on here, if I didn't see set up like yours I know I wouldn't be inspired and encouraged to try my own. You may not get many ToTers down your way but rest assured there are plenty of people all around the world admiring your work.

Aww, come over so we can hug. :kiss:
Ok, this is the final final update. I always do a carve for my niece and nephews and try to match with one of their costumes. This year my niece wants to be Napoleon Dynamite, her younger brother will be Kip. SWEET! Unfortunately I will be staying home tonight with a blanket, cup of hot cider and horror movies. Not a bad way to spend the night, but I'm a bit sad I will be missing our usual activities. I'll leave it up to my husband to take pictures of costumes and such which I will post pics of later.

Napoleon was going to get just a regular pic, but I felt bad not putting something with him so I colored a sign with a sharpie. Not elaborate by any means.

And a recap all in one place of this years crop. 262.2 lbs. of pumpkin goodness!

I have resisted commenting on this post for ages, despite desperately wanting to, as I knew it wouldn't be the last of the great pics. Every year you excel and in my opinion you are by far the best at photographing pumpkins in daylight. this year is no exception, the Carol pic is just perfect. I absolutely love it. However, you don't just limit yourself to daylight, oh no, that Alien pic is breathtaking, the fact that you made the eggs and they look amazing, just adds to the overall effect. Each one of your pics and the props, tells a story. I love them. They are always outstanding.
Geez, Nos, really? Such a wonderful compliment! :kiss:

I had a hard time with it all this year. The only one I was super excited about staging was the Xenomorph. It didn't look like it did in my mind, but it was fun to make the eggs, use my new fog machine and get my husband excited about staging a pic with me. He was a lot of help holding the green lights and helping to hide the giant white A/C return vent in the wall. I was frustrated, he was calm, so it was a normal day. :wink: No matter how many times I said I'm not doing this anymore or how unsatisfied I was with any of the pictures, coming here and reading everyone's compliments makes me feel so great and makes it all worth it!!
zombombie wrote:Your xeno pic is my joint favourite pic this year (along with MM's Annabelle shot). SO GOOD! :thumbsup:
Thanks!! I totally agree with you, MM's Annabelle was amazing! I also love Mesmark's E.T., Ajax's Tonto and Sloaner's Headless Horseman on the bridge. I love everyone's, but those are my top fav's this year. There is also a few cool shots in the Gallery for this year that I don't see on the forums. They need to join and post here as well so we can all gush over their carves and staging.

I posted this in the costume thread, but just a quick shot since Napoleon was mentioned. My niece is so awesome wanting to be Napoleon Dynamite. She convinced her younger brother to be Kip. He's never seen the movie so that was cool he was willing to do it. Her other brother was the 11th. Doctor. He has a Dr. Who obsession lately. He took his role very seriously and did not break character all night. My husband is behind them all waiting to eat them or something. ;)

Thanks again everyone! I already have a plan for a photo for next year. I keep seeing uncarved pumpkins sitting on people's porches and in their yards and have the urge to ring their doorbell and ask if I can have them. :P