Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Hottie McNaughty wrote:Thanks everyone! I went out to count 'kins this morning and realized I had 14 left to carve! I've done six so far today and I'm still working hard. I've convinced the Mr. to do three to help me out. :lol: Photos to come later!
14! I hear sleep is highly overrated. :P
Oh no, did you bend a pro tool blade? I'm still working on procuring better blades, but adamantium is hard to come by at a good price.

I'd comment on your accuracy, but your skill needs no judgement. You know what you're doing, and can perform well even when your hand is no doubt aching. I like your style of cutting pointed lids. I want to do that more in the future. Fun look.

How do you decide what to carve next? Whatever whim strikes? You seem to bounce between a wide range of themes and difficulty levels. Variety is the spice of life.

Nice to see Eric Northman, a nod to True Blood ending this year. Blood Drive, you don't see that one every day. You have some 2014 VIPs and even some older VIPs pulled from your personal archives. Love it all.

Did you give Winston Zeddemore some extra attention, before the more established Ghostbusters arrived? And wow, you got the full GB set done, in fact. That's just awesome.

The group shot is just epic. It must be fun to keep adding to the group. They multiply like a virus. Well... if only it were that easy. It's all due to your hard work! :thumbsup:
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Oh no, did you bend a pro tool blade? I'm still working on procuring better blades, but adamantium is hard to come by at a good price.

I'd comment on your accuracy, but your skill needs no judgement. You know what you're doing, and can perform well even when your hand is no doubt aching. I like your style of cutting pointed lids. I want to do that more in the future. Fun look.

How do you decide what to carve next? Whatever whim strikes? You seem to bounce between a wide range of themes and difficulty levels. Variety is the spice of life.

Nice to see Eric Northman, a nod to True Blood ending this year. Blood Drive, you don't see that one every day. You have some 2014 VIPs and even some older VIPs pulled from your personal archives. Love it all.

Did you give Winston Zeddemore some extra attention, before the more established Ghostbusters arrived? And wow, you got the full GB set done, in fact. That's just awesome.

The group shot is just epic. It must be fun to keep adding to the group. They multiply like a virus. Well... if only it were that easy. It's all due to your hard work! :thumbsup:

I did bend a blade but I only use those big blades for cutting the tops and I'm pretty hard on them. I think that's only the second one I've ever had to replace and considering the sheer amount that I carve every year, that seems pretty reasonable to me.

I just happened to carve WInston first (the last 'kin of that night) and then carved the rest the next morning. Stay Puft is on a foamie so I already had that one and Vinz (or Zuul? I can't remember) was a repeat but I couldn't leave it out. People commented on this set the most.

It is completely arbitrary what I want to carve. In the beginning of the season I pull about 35 patterns out for my initial collection. Then, as new patterns are made available I have to decide if I want to cut any of the pre-chosen ones. This year I planned on doing a whole Christmas themed section but then you released the Ghostbusters and those got bumped so hopefully next year! Inevitably I have a ton of really challenging ones picked out and I end up with a seriously sore hand and decide to carve a grinning jack instead. (but I also think it's imperative to have some classic jack's in the collection, they add a nice traditional element)

The last four or five patterns get picked based upon the 'kins that I have left. I like to match the pattern to the 'kin for the best effect. This year I didn't lose one 'kin to rot but spotted the ones that were getting ready to go and carved those in a timely fashion and didn't lose any.