Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
My first for the season. I should be putting patterns on another four kins right now instead of trawling the forums but I fancied a break. I didn't feel very inspired as far as prop shots this year, I didn't want to just recycle props from previous years. I gave myself a kick up the bottom and did these four today. Thanks to my lovely Uncle for taking the photo's with his nice camera. I should have some pics of the room ive decorated posted later in the week but I might make a different thread for that. Here we go, first up I thought that Scared to Death looked a bit like an unravelled Sandy Gauze so I stuck them together. I think they're all scared of that spider:

Next up a certain creepy old biddy came round to take back Annabelle:

Tooth Fairy piling up her nights takings:

And Snow White's Wicked Witch getting ready to brew another batch:

I don't think ive got many more prop shots in me, maybe the next batch will be grouped. Who knows I might find a dog to scare a cat and a zombie clown to go with Twisty.
Last edited by monstermash on Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ajax
Those are amazing, the Annabelle shot is creepy as hell. Great Job on your photos as always. Hopefully you do more, but I know how tiring carving setting up props and shots can be especially when yours are so unique and well done.
By Raven
:shock: I knew once you started posting you were going to blow me away, and you did not disappoint! Annabelle is extremely creepy! Where was that taken? Please don't say a scary basement, no real indoor rooms should look like that.

I hope you do more, although I understand. I'm done with the staging for this year even though I have one more pumpkin to carve. I don't even want to carve it really.. :pale: :? But you need to do more. :P
By monstermash
Thanks a million, it means a lot keeps me going.
Three more pics tonight:
Unmasked Sam hasn't really got two chins its just the edge of the mirror reflecting it.

Group shot in the spooky room:

Another a bit closer:

Should have a few more pics to come and maybe another carve.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
By S.A.M
:shock: :shock:
I love the pictures, carvings and props, well I say props but that cheapens it, those look like genuine old world curiosities. I don't know what to say, the lighting is superb and that room looks absolutely amazing, very atmospheric and spooky, how much to stay in that room for the night? :)
By monstermash
:oops: :D Ta very much. I meant to say the Conjuring picture was taken outside in my back yard and my lovely mum stood in for Bathsheba.
S.A.M wrote: well I say props but that cheapens it, those look like genuine old world curiosities. how much to stay in that room for the night? :)
That's very nice of you to say, I try to go for an antique look. Some things in the room like the owl, the sideboard, various lamps and candlesticks, animal skulls are all genuinely old so I try to fill it with bits and bobs ive made that look at home. It's a bit of overkill when you see it in pictures but its nice to get up close and take in the details. As for price? No charge to anyone from ZP! as long as you can put up with the odd bump in the night. :)

Here's a picture of the room before any carves were done:

My group shot for the year:

I'll just post this pic here so's not to bother with another thread. This is my brothers costume for this year. Zombie clown. I did his make up and his costume was a joint effort between my mum and I. I've not got a good pic of his full costume but it was very clowny.(he's on the left) :)
Creepy the clown made an appearance as well. He's been hiding in my cupboard for a few years.

Four horrid clowns together:
By matspud
Raven wrote:I want to come to your house! It looks like a spooky museum filled with curiosities! Excellent carves and pictures!
Me too :D

How can you live with that clown mask in your closet. I would freak big time.
By nosferatu
I'm always glad you don't post pics till close to Halloween as I would be too depressed to carve otherwise. Infact, I'd probably not get oput of bed at all! How the hell can I compete with that? Unbelievable quality of the carving and the staging is immaculate and very, very eerie. It has me salivating, nearly as much as that guy's Key Lime Pie from Bake Off a few series back. Its the type of thing and quality I would expect to see in a magazine or Sunday supplement. I am jealous of your talent.Seriously jealous. Those photos have a chilling warmth to them, the perfect setting for a few ghost stories.

There are always a few minions whose work I always look forward to seeing. it inspires me and drives me on to next year. Off the top of my head, Ajax, Raven, Mes,Ryan, yourself and a few others who I know will have new and inventive ideas.

Loving your brother's costume too.
By monstermash
matspud wrote:
Raven wrote:I want to come to your house! It looks like a spooky museum filled with curiosities! Excellent carves and pictures!
Me too :D

How can you live with that clown mask in your closet. I would freak big time.
One day i'll open my doors to you all but I dare say you'd be a little underwhelmed. I put all my efforts into that room this year so the rest of the house doesn't look too scary. Unless you're terrified of dust. :lol: And Creepy behaves himself in my cupboard matspud, as long as I slide him some raw meat under the door every once in awhile. :twisted:

Nos, you're always too kind, there's really nowt to be jealous about. There's a lot of faffing about with cobwebs and lighting and re-lighting candles etc. I had the bonus of two nice chaps with really nice cameras giving me a hand with pictures this year because normally i'm never totally happy with how they turn out. You have a certain image in your head and it's often too hard to get it to materialise through the lens. So when I see all of your lovely comments it makes me smile and think all the hassle is worth while.

Ive got the daunting task of dismantling everything in the next few days. And ive a few more additions to the props this year so it'll be fun trying to cram more into an already too small a space. I need a nice big shed in the garden to keep all my halloween goodies in.
My uncles annual fireworks bash is next weekend so I'm hoping a few of the patterns will have lasted until then. I can offload some half mouldy, smelly kins onto him to save my bin men's backs from breaking.