Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By NikkiRae
Well, this Halloween season is off to a really slow start for me this year. I just started decorating on Tuesday. Between helping with/being in my cousin's wedding in November and starting to plan my own wedding, there is absolutely no free time! I'm finally having my movie night party on Saturday and then hopefully starting to carve on Sunday. I will be helping out a couple friends with carving as well who just started a year or two ago. We'll see how it all goes lol wish me luck!
By NikkiRae
Pargolf wrote:Wedding equals COOKIE TABLE :thumbsup:
Are you from Pittsburgh?! lol I come from such a big family and everyone pitches in for the cookie tables, we've had cookie ROOMS at a lot of our weddings! My cousin is getting married in North Carolina and they've never heard of such a thing. They are forgoing a wedding cake for a cookie bar (which is provided by the caterer). Totally unimaginable to me! How do you not have a cookie table?!
By shaft28
Cookie table, while this is a foreign concept somehow I think I would like this idea... (Image...fat guy doing a cannonball into a cookie table with a glass of milk in hand).
By Pargolf
That will be cool.

For those of you who have never experienced the cookie table, I have attached a pix... They are all homemade!!! Big tradition in NE Ohio and western PA...

By amandap80
This is a tradition I can get behind.
By purple1worm
Wow, nice tradition!
amandap80 wrote:This is a tradition I can get behind.

Me too!
By NikkiRae
I started my pumpkin gutting last night and just wanted to share something with you guys. My skin absolutely hates the cold weather. My knuckles get severely dry, crack, and bleed. Obviously plunging my hands into pumpkin guts isn't the most fun when that happens because it burns like crazy! So for Christmas the fiance got me the stuff in the picture below. Slathered it all over the back of my hands and it was great! No stinging at all and it never even washed off! Don't know if anyone else has the same troubles as me lol but thought I would share

Also, the three large pumpkins I bought have some seriously thick walls. Definitely going to have to thin them out some more. Carving photos being taken tonight!!!

By nosferatu
Looking forward to seeing those Kins carved. My hand looks wizened after a day of gutting and carving. I think I may be allergic to pumpkin! The horror!