Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Getting an early start this year I guess... Actually, I had one lonely little tiny Funkin brand foamie that has been needing a good pattern. I got an itch today, and though "HEY, Chernabog might look really wicked on this little thing". So, I shrunk this pattern down to 75%, and got to work. I'm not loving it 100% though... Seems like every time i shrink a pattern, I end up hating myself for not being able to do the patterns justice. I Feel like this could have been better, but it was good to knock rust off my gears

Last edited by chuckwagon on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reducing a pattern designed to work at 100% can often create a challenge, but looking closely at your work, I can't find any mistakes! Indeed, he looks wicked when actually carved. :twisted: Be pleased to know that you're the first person to carve this design (and show it off, at least). He fits nicely on the round shape of that pumpkin. And I like your use of pink and blue light, much like the colors in the original animation.

By chuckwagon
This is a "NON ZP" pattern that I pretty much just used some graph paper for designing on my own... I'm not into Minecraft at all, but my 2nd cousin is a HUGE slave to this game, or so I'm told by his mom... I couldn't get a good picture, so I made a short clip that I could send to them to see the finished product.

I just bought a new Dremel 3000 model, and this was the maiden voyage with it... I'm going to be buying the flez shaft for sure, because the 3000 is substantially more bulky than my previous cordless minimite.

By sloaner
CREEPER!!!! Nice minecraft pumpkin, if you liked playing with legos as a kid you'll like this game.
By SuperSonic
VERY cool Chernabog and Creeper! When I saw it I too thought the color looked very similar to the animation used in the original cartoon. I think you nailed it! On both counts. :twisted:
Here I go committing ZP! adultery again... I wanted to give Stoney some love this year, as I have never tried any of his patterns in the past, plus I wanted to give shading the ole college try also. I found that many of his cut-out patterns can be quite difficult, but now that I have some new equipment and tools, I'm diving in! I'm still VERY intent on doing plenty of ZP! stuff this year also, so never ye worry!! I didn't renew my Monster Harvest for nuthin', ya know!! Anyway, I'm usually very critical of my own carves, but this one in particular really surprised me and I was pleased with it. My really crappy cell phone camera ruins the moment yet again, so it's a bit difficult to see the finer details. The smaller sections in the hand, and some around the right side of the face where done with a little tiny 1/32nd size bit, and the larger sections where done with a 3/64th... Frodo Baggins and the One Ring...

Great Job on that :thumbsup:

My 11 year old daughter suggested that pattern, She's into Harry Potter, The Hobbit, and Lord of the Rings :D

Just one note: if the foam is the same thickness (Through-Out),
you can still use that 1/32" Bit on the larger sections, the smaller bit will give you more detail and control.

Only if the foam gets thicker, do you need to change to a larger bit.
If the 1/32" goes through stick with it .
I forgot to mention that the 1/32nd bit was a cheapo Harbor Freight bit, and it snapped a little over halfway through the carve, and I didn't have another one of the same size :? I'm gonna go to Lowes or Home Depot and see about buying a really nice set soon. Might as well invest the money in 'em since I'm a big fan of using drill bits now. But YEAH, I would have used the same bit throughout. One that small REALLY lets you get to those details.