Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
This has made it on my list of most intricate. I would recommend blowing up the pattern and doing it on a larger pumpkin. I did it on a Target foamy which doesn't have a lot of carving area. The pattern is by stoneykins.com. I hate you StOney.

I'm teaching my 27 year old nephew how to carve.

And the Most important Tip I can Share When it comes to intricate or Very Detailed carves.
Is Don't Look at the carving/Pattern as a Whole - You WILL get Overwhelmed.

Pumpkin carving is like a lot of art out there, it's all these little shapes, that when put together Makes the Over-all Art / Piece.
So Concentrate on each shape, carve it, go to the next, carve it, When you hit them all, the overall is done and you created art.

Think of it like a jigsaw puzzle, each shape builds the overall image.

I agree with Ken, Take your time, and Enjoy it. Speed comes later when you have a few under your belt.
And EVERYONE Gets Better, when they keep carving !!

And Lastly: I think the 2nd Most important thing is to read the Forums. We ALL Stride to make this as easy/simple as we can.
So Look for Tips, Tools we use, Techniques, and Fixes for those mistakes that will happen from time to time.

Example: There are still folks poking 100's of holes, their carvings/Lines would look so much cleaner, with the other transfer Techniques/methods that we all share.

And Before Someone Jumps on me, there is No Right or Wrong Method, BUT Some do work better than Others.
Want to Poke holes - Go for it! - But Your carves will reflect that Method.
ghostface wrote:Man, KEN! Those are phenomenal!

Took the words outta my mouth. Ditto.
Pumpken wrote: The pattern is by stoneykins.com. I hate you StOney.
Take a Number and Get in Line ! :D
Now Serving number 1,021,532,658,45 - LMAO !!

Truth is , I like to Challenge Both the carvers and myself with these patterns.
The Extreme stuff, is also painful on my end , some take a few hours to make the pattern.
:shock: :shock: WOW!! I could only hope to be that good someday!! **sigh** The most intricate one I have done so far is a tree that spells out Happy Halloween in its branches. I carved it by hand, no dremel.... Since I'm switching to dremel this year we'll have to see what I can get it to do!

Nicely done you guys! :thumbsup: