Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By snow2alike
I have been working on making foam pumpkins look like Christmas ornaments.
I carved the Grinch (great pattern BTW) on a 9 inch round kin from Michaels. Then painted it with a red metallic paint.
I sprayed the insides with a spray adhesive and poured about half a jar of Martha Stewart limeade ultrafine glitter. Roll it around
till the insides are covered with "GRINCH". I shake out all the loose glitter and put back in my jar ~~~ it really doesn't use very much. I used a cupcake wrapper to cover the stem and screwed a cup hook in the top to hold it on.
I think is looks like a Christmas Ornament. The really cool thing about the glitter is that it lights up outside with just the sun's light.
Merry Christmas Y'all !

By pagemaster1993
That is genius! It does look like a Christmas Ornament. You can barely tell that it used to be a Michael's Craft Pumpkin. I still however believe Michael's should have something like their Foam Pumpkins and Eggs for other seasons. Like Foam Ornaments or Foam Watermelons both in various sizes.
By snow2alike
I thought I saw an ad from Michaels about 2 yrs ago showing foam ornaments for Christmas. They were in red, green and gold.
Did I just make that up ????, see it in a dream????, or what???. I think I can even remember talking about it here in the forum.
Anyway, I had never seen them in a store and was tired of waiting for them arrive this year ~~~ so I made my own!

Now I don't know what I can do about a watermelon ~~~ but I have a few months to think about it!!! LOL
By snow2alike
Thanks you guys!
This has added a new carving season for me!
I had a Christmas carving class last week on how to make an "ornakin"!
They loved them!
By amandap80
I love this, I have a few extra medium Michael's pumpkins. I need to do this! :thumbsup: