Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
I put up my Christmas tree this past weekend. For the last few years, I've had a simple red star on top. But this year I realized that I've been missing out on a great idea all along. For the Patch Master himself, can you think of a better thing to have on top of my tree?

I free-handed the carving of Jack Skellington's features onto a small size foam pumpkin from Michael's. Cut with a hot Versa Tool blade.

It's very lightweight, so it sits nicely on top, once I stuck the top of the tree branches through the hole in the bottom of the pumpkin. It's lit with just a few small bulbs from the string of Christmas lights. And to hide the branches inside, I placed a piece of tracing paper inside to diffuse the light.

By Tkaraoke
HEY! That looks fantastic! Nothing like seeing Jack's smiling face looking down from you from the top of a Christmas tree!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
It may be slightly unorthodox, but those that know me won't think twice about my tree topper choice. It somehow fits. :)
By nosferatu
I think it works because it looks like he is wearing a Christmas Tree coat and that any minute he is going to fling it open and go "Tah-Dah!"

I like the rope lights round the door frames too - for some reason it made me think of "Tron".

As we speak I am going through the swear at the Christmas lights phase. Why do they work before you put them on the tree but not after you've actually put them on the tree?

The skulls around the bottom are a nice finishing touch!
By GUS
..don't do xmas if it's a pain! simple.

we just booked an extra weeks snowboarding in europe for early new year, it's more fun! (imho) white crisp snow on fir trees, gotta be better than cold damp grey rainy dog poo strewn english streets!

..PS sky looks crud this year for fillums over the season, same as when they intro'd the new film format last year!
..thank goodness for dvd
By Raven
Very nice tree, Ryan! The pumpkin tree topper is the perfect touch.
By nosferatu
Would you care to impart any more Christmas cheer? Apart from the obvious Bah Humbug, of course.

:lol:
By Dans banana Loafcake
Ryan that looks fantastic! Your creative imgination never seems to take a break! :shock: Again I like the little skull details at the bottom too.

My roommates have yet to pick up our tree. Adam and Dave ( two of my roommates) like to keep me and Bob out of the loop when it comes to getting the tree and where they get it, as we're in charge of the decorations, which beats the hell out of me seeing as Bobs colour blind! :lol: I swear theres someting dogey as they trees always 'perfect' and we always leave it a little late. I might follow them this year and see where they go! :twisted:

Dan
By GUS
nosferatu wrote:Would you care to impart any more Christmas cheer? Apart from the obvious Bah Humbug, of course.

:lol:

Yes!

..real snow, real snow, real snow! ...nothing better after a days winter sport than a apres beer & the smug thought of not doing xmas in England!

..oh & a chalet girl cooking xmas dinner
or a chalet girl cooking a christmas brekky before hitting those magical slopes in a real xmas card landscape!

..then it's over!
By nosferatu
A few words spring to mind

Avalanche......coma......air ambulance.....life support.....switch off

Have a great time!
By GUS
nosferatu wrote:A few words spring to mind

Avalanche......coma......air ambulance.....life support.....switch off

Have a great time!
only if you come with me! :lol:
By Dans banana Loafcake
You two really crack me up... you should get a TV show or something! :lol:
:D

Dan
By nosferatu
only if you come with me!
It would be MAD* for me to go with you.

(Mutually Assured Destruction) Count me in!
You two really crack me up... you should get a TV show or something!

Yeah, it could be a remake of The Odd Couple. I would be Mr Couple and GUS could play himself he could be Mr......err, Odd