Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I still have pumpkins left over from Halloween (they look fine on the outside, lord knows if the insides are okay) so I was hoping to carve this design into one of those pumpkins for my 30th birthday party. But I didn't have time, so it ended up on the cake instead. The ol' powdered sugar stencil trick. I guess that number is frightening to me, eh?

By Dans banana Loafcake
Very nicely done, I laughed my ass off when I saw the fear in your powdered sugar eyes! 30 eh? Happy birthday!!!! Was it today?

Dan
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I was a little slow in posting this picture. My birthday was December 15th. But thanks for the well wishes! 30 isn't so bad after all.
By Dans banana Loafcake
Thats good to hear, good job we dont live in the film logans run though! :wink:

Dan
By Kittie
Very Very Cool! I am trying to catch you! I am 28 now, I think you are just always going to stay ahead of me.
By matspud
Hey Ryan you share your birthday with my Mom and Father in law. I feel really old when I realize how young all the "posters" here are. I hit 43 on the 31st Dec. last year. It's frightening to think I am closer to 50 than I am 30 :?
By Kittie
With age comes wisdom!

:P

You share my sisters birthday too.
By matspud
Kittie wrote:With age comes wisdom!

:P
Nah.......... In my case with age comes insanity :D
By Raven
Happy belated Birthday!

I love the stencil on the cake idea. I really did not have a problem turning 30. This year is the big 35 and that I am having a problem with! At least I still have till October before it happens!
By belli
zombiepumpkins wrote:I still have pumpkins left over from Halloween (they look fine on the outside, lord knows if the insides are okay) so I was hoping to carve this design into one of those pumpkins for my 30th birthday party.
I still had 4 pumpkins just before New Years. I finally cut them open to get the seeds out to bake them for our trip to Vegas. They were in great carvable condition still. I hated not carving some kind of design in them but we were going to be gone for 5 days so I wouldn't have enjoyed the carvings anyway.

Well Ryan...I hope that you had a great party and that 30 is an awesome year for you!!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Sounds like a lot of people share my birthday (I already have some friends/family that share my day also). So far my 30th year has been great. I've been feeling really inspired lately, and I've been putting some work into planning the new design and even some new pumpkin patterns. Watch out!

As for leftover pumpkins, maybe I'll still try to carve the ones I have. For Valentine's Day maybe? I've been storing them in a dark cool place, and they look okay. They haven't zombified due to neglect just yet. But as we all know, that's prone to happen if you wait too long to carve.
By sodajazz
Bit late to this thread but here goes, Many happy 'belated' returns for your 30th birthday, the powdered sugar stencil looks mighty fine on top of that chocolatey looking cake :D