Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By Jack Carving
Hey folks!

Some of you may remember me from 2010, I was the guy who carved mostly movie monsters, and shared them with you all via really bad grainy photos... yeah, well what can I say, that camera was like 10 years old... hehe...

I certainly didn't decay or rot away, I've just been here lurking :wink: . I was pretty quiet last year, only carving a pumpkin or two, I did however add the Phantom to my carves, I really love that pattern, Ryan!

Around early summer this year I began to relocate (I really hate moving), which meant having to transport all those carved pumpkins very delicately so as not to damage them... well I came up with a much more creative solution, I gave some of them away instead. My Vincent Price, Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde and Wolfman pumpkins all found new homes with family members. This has left my Movie Monster collection incomplete for now, but unsure if I will be carving those same patterns this year.

One of my goals this year is to carve Ryan's Avengers patterns on the smaller foamies (I have a few uncarved left overs from last year). Although, I am still holding out hopes that Ryan releases an Invisible Man pattern soon™. Also, I was fortunate enough to score an Android for my birthday this year, so I will be able to share better photos, and heck maybe even some 'in progress' photos. :D

Keep an eye out for my carves later next month!

- Jack
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Jack! I'm happy to find out you didn't rot away. Keep taking those formaldehyde baths, you'll be fine.

Looking back at an old post from you....
Jack Carving wrote:the way ZP's forum handles the cropping of pictures... prevents me from placing small images in a row, which drives me mildly insane. :) *shrug*
Well good news! Check this out:

Image Image Image

I'm glad you like the classic monsters, including the Phantom. I must like that one too, since I carved it in foam last year. Well if it's the classics you like, maybe I'll give you another one to choose from this season!
By sloaner
Welcome back jack, we need all the foam carvers we can get. Btw how did you take your pictures before? I liked how visible the pumpkins were and the patterns were still great looking.
By monstermash
Nice to have you back jack. Lets keep all our fingers and or claws crossed for more movie monsters this year.
By Jack Carving
Thank you all for the kind words, it's good to be back!
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Looking back at an old post from you....
Jack Carving wrote:the way ZP's forum handles the cropping of pictures... prevents me from placing small images in a row, which drives me mildly insane. :) *shrug*
Well good news! Check this out:
That is good news! The main site and forums each got an amazing facelift, I hardly recognized the forums when I came back this morning. The main site is the same deal, it looks fantastic! well done sir!
I'm glad you like the classic monsters, including the Phantom. I must like that one too, since I carved it in foam last year. Well if it's the classics you like, maybe I'll give you another one to choose from this season!
I have a soft spot for all things classic monster, so that would make me incredibly happy! Can't wait to see all the amazing patterns from this year! *cough*Thor*cough* :wink:
sloaner wrote:Welcome back jack, we need all the foam carvers we can get. Btw how did you take your pictures before? I liked how visible the pumpkins were and the patterns were still great looking.
I didn't really use an fancy photographing techniques. I just placed the pumpkins in a mostly dim room and turned my cameras 'flash' on, this was mostly to show off the detail to those folks not familiar with this site or who hadn't seen or carved the pattern before.
By pagemaster1993
Welcome back Jack! Trust me I get the whole grainy photo thing. Happened to me last year, but this year my photos are going to be better.
By SuperSonic
Welcome back Jack!
By amandap80
Nice to see you again, Jack! This has been a good year for classic monster patterns!