Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By Tj
So I've been using the Zombie Pumpkin patterns for a few years and recently noticed one of the links was labeled "Forum"... who knew? So I gave the forum a quick once-over and decided it might be fun to join in... well, fun for me, not necessarily for other members; I don't claim to be interesting.

I generally go by Tj, (creative forum name I know), and I obviously love all things monsters, horror, and Halloween. Today was our pumpkin day; my wife and I took our son, Kaden, out to the pumpkin patch. He is only 2, so the hayride would have been a little long, but he still had a blast. He picked out a couple 'kins and we went to carving while watching "Hellboy" (his favorite). My better half carved the Z.P. Hellboy for him, and I did the Horseman. It was fun, but tricky with a toddler; he kept putting the tiny pumpkin in my wife's 'kin, so the pumpkin had a baby like mommy (six months until child number 2).

Unfortunately two pumpkins are probably all we're going to do this year, even our decorating is kind of minimal... just a lack of time really. Between work, a toddler, and all the sleep & attention a little pumpkin in the oven take, there's not a ton of free time. Next year will be different, Kaden will be older and the hayride will be fun for him, and my wife has given me permission to go crazy with Halloween.

I guess I'll zip it up since anyone reading this is most assuredly bored by now...
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hey Tj, I'm glad you finally clicked that "forum" link. Haha. This site has so many nameless members, so it's always a pleasure to "meet" a new one, and hear their personal story.

Kaden sounds like a lot of fun... putting a baby pumpkin inside the larger one... and liking the Hellboy movie? How cool. Glad I had a pattern for that then!

Anyway, sounds like you made some nice Halloween memories this year already, even if it's not as much as you would have liked to do. You have the right spirit, and I'm sure you'll have plenty of creepy cool memories to come as well.
By Raven
Welcome to the forums!

2 pumpkins is far better than no pumpkins. I have very fond memories of carving pumpkins with my dad when I was just a wee one. Those kind of memories are priceless.

Congrats on the up coming new addition to your family!
Tj wrote: Next year will be different,...
Hey TJ. Welcome aboard.

As the father of a 7 and a 2 and a half year old, the above quote made me laugh. I say it every year. I always thought that raising two children would just be double the effort. I was wrong, its more like 500%. My youngest is currently lifting and balancing our pumpkins but I am just too tired to stop him.

Anyway, good luck with the family and look forward to hearing news of your own little minion in the New Year!
By ghostface
Welcome TJ!
By Hottie McNaughty
Hello and welcome! Glad you decided to check out the forum. :)
By amandap80
Welcome! We look forward to seeing pictures of your carves with your wee ones years to come.
Thanks for the welcome and all the "congrats" on our new addition everyone.
nosferatu wrote:As the father of a 7 and a 2 and a half year old, the above quote made me laugh. I say it every year. I always thought that raising two children would just be double the effort. I was wrong, its more like 500%. My youngest is currently lifting and balancing our pumpkins but I am just too tired to stop him.

Anyway, good luck with the family and look forward to hearing news of your own little minion in the New Year!
Oh no, I have it all planned out... by next Halloween Kaden will be approaching 3 1/2, so he should be fairly self-sufficient by then; be able to babysit, get a part-time job, that kind of thing... he's very mature.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Kaden sounds like a lot of fun... putting a baby pumpkin inside the larger one... and liking the Hellboy movie? How cool. Glad I had a pattern for that then!
He is a lot of fun, takes after daddy. The coolest thing for him was watching pumpkins (which he loves already) turn into "punkie monsers!" When we put them on the porch we had to turn them around so he could see the monsters from the window; your patterns are a big hit here. He's not the little guy in my profile picture anymore though... growing up too fast.