Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By punchi
I tried out for the Atlanta Rollergirls on Saturday. . . and I made it!!! :D I am officially fresh meat! Now the real work begins. I am sooooooooo excited! I hope I get to walk/skate in the Halloween parade!
By CorpseBride
Congrats Punchi! That is awesome! I am proud of you lady! I know (from experience) how hard making it past those benchmarks can be. It takes a lot of hard work and even more dedication. Most people think "Big deal...you skate in a circle" but it is so much more than that. Anyone who doesn't know what the qualifications are I suggest you have a little read...

http://wftda.com/rules/wftda-minimum-sk ... ements.pdf

There is also a written test about the rules, which are vast and extremely detailed.

http://wftda.com/rules/20100526/section/1

The 25 laps in 5 minutes is what nearly killed me :P

Sooo....now that it is official, what is your derby name?
By GUS
This is where I damn myself by revealing how useful my figure skating was for ice hockey, not to mention drill practise on the parade ground.

...(I was fastest to turn the wrong way EVERY time) :lol:
By punchi
Still thinking about a name. We don't get to have one registered until we are bout ready and drafted to a team. Any ideas? I REALLY loved Double Tap, but sadly, it's already taken. :cry: I'm looking for something zombie or motorcycle related. Come on you creative people you!
By CorpseBride
punchi wrote:Still thinking about a name. We don't get to have one registered until we are bout ready and drafted to a team. Any ideas? I REALLY loved Double Tap, but sadly, it's already taken. :cry: I'm looking for something zombie or motorcycle related. Come on you creative people you!
Here is my list of names that I chose from...there are some good ones :D

Amelia DeMorte
Blackeye Betty
Dee Molish
Corpse Grinder
Edie Yo Brains
Corpse Collector
Holly Horror
Ms Infected
D Kay
Dee Mentia
Black Widow
Zombabe (my friend Tanya thought of this one!)
Sistah Spooky (my friend Enrique thought of this one)

These were Ryan's great suggestions! I was pretty close to choosing Sleepy Holly until mine came to me in a dream one night :D
Abandon Hope
Betty Boo
Ghoulia Child
Grim Rita
Kim Hurtin
Sandy Claws
Sleepy Holly
Vicky Treat
By punchi
Awesome suggestions! So what is your derby name CB?
By CorpseBride
Roxy Horror Show! ....do ya get it? ...say it out loud!