Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By mesmark
Thanks! We're good here. we're about as far as you can get from the coast and still live on an island. We're also in the mountains, about 700m above sea level.

We had some tremors, the news said 5.5 here but it didn't seem that bad. No violent shaking, but the ground rocked for a while. Nothing was damaged and nothing even fell off the shelves or tables.

We can't get in touch with one group but they're farther away than we are from the center and pretty far inland. We're assuming communication is down or just all the lines are flooded.

So, all is OK here. It's a horrible scene on the news though.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Of course we all thought of our friend in Japan, mesmark. Glad to hear you're safe and sound. Thoughts of support go out to those affected. :(
By pagemaster1993
I'm glad your okay, and I hope that everything will turn out okay in Japan.
By punchi
Yeah, the videos of the tsunami were horrendous! Ughhh so sad...
By sodajazz
Oh my :| The Japanese disater is dominating our news channels and the pics we are seeing are horrific. But the nuclear plant is just way scarier, lets hope they get things sorted soon.
Stay safe matey xx
By SaneInsideInsanity
Glad you are ok Mark keep us posted on updates.
By Raven
I too am glad you are safe from the quake and tsunami, but the nuclear plant is a concern. I hope for you, your family and all of Japan that they can keep everything under control.
By snow2alike
Glad you and your family were in a high and dry area.
Stay safe !!