Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By IndyandMarion
Hello, Indy here.

I would insert the usual "Glad to be here" and all that jazz but let's face it, how many new topics do we need with all of that? :lol:

I'll just skip to that part where I shamelessly plug ZPs stencils, say how awesome they are and show off some of the stencils the better half and I did this year. So far we've done: Jack Skellinton, POTC Jolly Roger, Snow White, Iron Man and Oogie Boogie

Snow White (The next was cut wrong, my mistake on the layout when I was punching it into the pumpkin. My g/f cut this one out)

Jack Skellington (By Me)

Oogie Boogie (By her)

Iron Man, wasn't impressed with this one. Came out "off" but I was trying the pasting the image to the pumpkin as I had read on here, just made a mess of things (By me)

POTC Jolly Roger (By me)

What hopefully will be our crowning jewel will be our Pumpkin of the Caribbean. Three carvings, one pumpkin. I'll post those soon. We haven't started it yet. (To be honest, I'm afraid to)

Indy
By Tkaraoke
Hey Indy! We can't wait to see you other carves. Welcome abaord!
By Hottie McNaughty
Hello and welcome! Nice carves and can't wait to see your masterpiece. :D
By SaneInsideInsanity
Nice carves and welcome to the patch
By Raven
Great carves and welcome to the site!

I recommend trying Saral Paper to transfer the patterns. There is a thread on it somewhere around here. I have not tried sticking the pattern to the pumpkin with glue or sticky paper, but the Saral Paper is far better than punching the holes.

Can't wait to see more of your work!
By punchi
Welcome! This place is awesome! You'll love it!
By IndyandMarion
Saral paper? I've seen the threads on it. I'll go look at it.

Thanks all. We'll be carving that. . . thing tonight so I'll post the results tomorrow at some point.
By GUS
busy, busy, busy..
welcome, welcome, (dang, you get the idea)!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Sharing your photos is a great introduction. At this time of year, the orange fruit is what defines us. Glad to have you here.
By IndyandMarion
Whew. OK. So the Curse of the Orange Pearl was tiring, amazing, and won stole the night. Took six and a half hours to complete. Note. This monster of a pumpkin holds THREE carvings on just ONE Pumpkin.

Proof that Saral Paper is amazing. The beginnings of Jack Sparrow. On the left of the pumpkin

On the right of the pumpkin
Barbossa. A few bits didn't transfer (Hence the black lines), On the right of the pumpkin

Finally, in the Center of the pumpkin, The Black Pearl

Jack Sparrow completed. His goatee brades came off while I was cutting (That was the most difficult part of all three), but shockingly, Super Glue kept it on (And it's still on after many hours)

The Black Pearl completed. At the top, I started cutting part of the mast off then realized: Why in the heck am I worried? It's the Pearl, it's been to, well, Jones's locker and back, the more torn up it looks, the better. So that's the reason why parts don't look clean, went with the rugged look.

Finally, my favorite character, Barbossa.
By nosferatu
Very cool and a great way to introduce yourself. Welcome