Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By nosferatu
Go on, just a small dram! I grew up next to a big chocolate factory. For years I went to school thinking it must be like Willy Wonka's then one day we went on a visit with school and watched the hoardes of rats scurrying across the metal rafters. I don't remember seeing that in the film. Not in the Gene Wilder original nor the Johnny Depp version. "What's Augustus upto Grandpa?" "Oh nothing Charlie, he's just smacking the rats with a criket bat." Maybe they edited that bit out. Maybe that was why Roald Dahl disowned the film.

Didn't put me off chocolate mind....
By matspud
I have the shape of a pumpkin so I would be off to a good start altough it might put the rest of you off your HIghland Park. :?

Can I be Coach?
By nosferatu
How about we have a team of coaches, physios, managers, assistant managers etc and just one player? We could sit on the touchline administering the Highland Park - purely for medicinal purposes of course - whilst the youngest member there runs around for ninety minutes.
By Pumpkin Hunter
I'm 30, please tell me that means I don't have to do the running. My running days are over.

Unless we change the sport to rugby and there is the chance of hurting other people.

Wait a minute, what was I thinking, lets change it to a UK Zombie Pumpkin Paintball team, perhaps we can get uniform sponsorship from Ryan?????

I love the different sounds people make as you hit them with a very fast ball or paint. It's the simple things in life that give so much joy.

I vote we meet and train at Wildwoodz paintball.
By nosferatu
Unfortunately, my leg will be suffering from a broken metartarsal that day - whenever it is. In terms of age, I feel younger than I am but I did O Levels not GSCE's. Yes.......that old! Yet here I am... old enough to know better. I blame it on my daughter who is 4 this month - our US counterparts are lucky - they only have to suffer the screechings of Elmo, I have Balamory, Lazytown and everyone ifrom In The Night Garden.

I remember Halloween when all it was in the UK was Bobbing for Apples!!

GUS sounds energetic to me.....
By matspud
Paintball is out . I make way too easy a target :D

As for kids progs. I am soooo glad mine is now nearly 10 and I missed the delights of the NIght Garden.......Iggle Piggle anyone :lol:
Last edited by matspud on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By nosferatu
I have only been paintballing once, I was shot in the first five minutes. Hang on, how about Clay Pigeon Shooting....... using assorted children's soft toys. Scrub that.....using zombie pumpkins that have been carved but are on their way out and need an extremely violent death!!!!!
By sodajazz
Oopsie better late than never ...Welcome to the boards :D

:shock: O Levels :shock: Jeeees your old :lol:

I think DBL is the baby of the brits but I could be wrong :D
By nosferatu
Thanks for the welcome........... and the insult. Yep, nearly as mature as that Highland Park mentioned earlier. The 40 year old not the 12. Come to think of it, they're interchangeable..... :lol:
By Pumpkin Hunter
Clay pigeon shooting works for me, used to shoot a lot at Uni. This could be the way to go.