Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By Batgirl
Howdy!

I'm new to the forum, but I've been a loyal Zombie Pumpkin-head going on two years now. I've been reading a lot of the posts, and I decided to go ahead and join in on the fun. This is easily one of the better forums I've seen. Everyone seems like incredibly nice, talented, competent spellers. :wink:

Who in the world am I, you ask? (You did ask, didn't you?) I'm from the Great State of Texas, in my mid-twenties, got the Halloween addiction from my amazing mother, and I know way more about pop culture than I should.

Happy to be here! Looking forward to cuttin' & guttin' with you fine folks! :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Welcome Batgirl! Sounds like you're just the right type of person to fit in around here. Looking forward to your future posts.

As for the spelling around here, yeah most people are competent spellers. Well, and then there's the fact that I'm a wannabe English teacher, so I often clean up people's errors. :roll: Is that typical moderator behavior... correcting user typos? Maybe I'm a little OCD. Or a lot.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
It's killin' me to leave your typos, mesmark... but your joke won't make sense if I fix that, so... I will resist the urge.

And hey, you teach English. I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from. :)
By Batgirl
Never apologize for taking the easy joke.

As far as cleaning up other people's mistakes; I don't care if it's OCD, ADD, or STP, I just know I appreciate it. Now keep in mind I've been told I have a few control issues myself. :wink:

Fellow Grammar Hammers unite!
By CorpseBride
I no...eye luv it heer sew much! Evrywon arr sutch awsum spelers and it maykes four a grate intullectewal tyme.

lol...just kidding! Welcome Batgirl! Glad you decided to join! You will love it :D
By Tkaraoke
I love your skeleton avatar! I secretly hate all the people who have animated avatars because I don't know how to go about getting one myself.
:D

Welcome to the forums! I'll be the first one to admit I'm a horrible speller and thanks to my spell checker I don't look too much like a dingus! LOL
By sodajazz
zombiepumpkins wrote:I'm a wannabe English teacher, so I often clean up people's errors. :roll: Is that typical moderator behavior... correcting user typos? Maybe I'm a little OCD. Or a lot.
Oh my, I never knew you did that :D
By Dans banana Loafcake
He has to do it while I'm around. Its not just that I'm a bad speller (but I am) it's that I'm a worse typist and don't check what I've written until after I've posted! :oops:

Dan

P.S. Hey Batgirl, love the Avatar :D
By mesmark
Tehy say it deosn't matetr waht odrer the letetrs are in. As lnog as the frist and lsat letters are in the coerrct poisitoin, poelpe can sitll raed it.

I'm actually a pretty bad speller and like Dan hardly proof read. So, sorry for all the troubles Ryan. I'll try to be better from here on out.
By amandap80
Welcome Batgirl! Nice to see more 20-something ladies here!
By Batgirl
Well thanks for the warm welcome, y'all!

I'm leaving for DC in a few hours so I won't be here this weekend to "play".

Remember to let the dog out, pizza money is on the counter in the kitchen, and NO PARTIES!
By Dementia
Batgirl wrote:Well thanks for the warm welcome, y'all!

I'm leaving for DC in a few hours so I won't be here this weekend to "play".

Remember to let the dog out, pizza money is on the counter in the kitchen, and NO PARTIES!
No parties? Maaaan!

Can Lock, Shock and Barrel come play at least?!?
By Batgirl
I'm baa-ack!

I got back tonight from D.C. (AMAZING!) and gave the family all of the cheesy gifts I managed to pick up while I was there, and to welcome me home they had bought me some pumpkins! How sweet are they?!?

Not only that, but I also was told that the pumpkin gutter I had ordered had arrived!

Now that's the way to be welcomed home!
By joeincogento
Glad to see another Texas resident in the forums. The pumpkins are bigger here!