Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By ScreamQueen
Hello!

I'm getting ready to carve my 1st set of pumpkins in many years, and I'm happy to have found this site. . .wished I would have found it sooner!

I moved into a new neighborhood this year, and according to my neighbors we get about 150-200+ kids trick or treating, which is fantastic because at my previous address no one came down our street :cry: It was such a bummer because Halloween is my favorite holiday! So I'm dressing up as a witch to pass out candy, and the theme for my porch and jack o lanterns is witches and cats.

I'm going to try the blue Saral transfer paper method to get my patterns on to my pumpkins, and then from there I'm going to attempt a bit of etching with a set of ribbon loop tools. I think I should have gotten woodcrafting chisels or gouges instead, though. :oops:

Looking forward to seeing all your jack o lanterns for this year!
By ScreamQueen
Raven wrote:Welcome to the site! It sounds as though you will be having a great Halloween! I hope you share pictures of it all!
Absolutely. . . IF the pumpkins turn out ok! :P
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Welcome ScreamQueen! Exciting year for you. It sounds like you have your pumpkin carving well planned, and will have a big audience for your display on Halloween. Good luck with it!

And welcome to the site. You found a new home, we'll be here next year (and all the months in between, if you need a Halloween fix).
By Pumpkinfreak
Hey, welcome to the patch!
Looking forward to seeing the photo's of your carvings!
:thumbsup:
By Lala
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote: You found a new home, we'll be here next year (and all the months in between, if you need a Halloween fix).
Yep. I am here all year round. I kind of like these weirdos :love:
By Raven
ScreamQueen wrote:So what does everyone do once Halloween is over. . . besides depression binge on any left over candy?
Left over candy? Mine is lucky to make it to Halloween.. I don't think I've ever had any left over. :P

After Halloween is over it's full on Christmas time for me. :love: