Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By BrookR1
Hey all,

I just wanted to post an introduction to say hello to everyone. What a great forum. I stumbled across this site looking for templates and was blown away by the number of passionate carvers on this forum.

So a little about myself. I currently live near Boise, ID. My wife and I have always loved the annual ritual of pumpkin carving. Last year we moved from a town home into a house. Let's just say that I got a little carried away with Halloween decorations at our new place. With the hay bales, corn stalks, gourds, scarecrows, zombies, and....pumpkins. Boise is really a good place to get carried away with fall/Halloween activities.

Anyway, last year I found myself with 15 pumpkins in our fall display and it would have been a shame to let them go uncarved. So I carved them all in the week leading up to Halloween. Half were pretty simple, but the others I carved using the PM templates and an Xacto knife. Several of the adults that accompanied their kids trick or treating would stop and stare at my display and complimented me even after scaring the bejeesus out of their kids (I answer the door in full costume). My hands were a mess after carving so many pumpkins. That's what led me to this place. I promptly ordered two sets of the pro carving tool and a 10 pack of stick and carves. I'm all about pain reduction.

I just wanted to thank everyone for posting pics of all of their work. It's been very inspiring seeing all of the great work that's out there. I had thought about reducing the number of pumpkins to 5 or 6 this year, but I think I'm going to try for 15 again this year.
By Mayor of Haddonfield
Welcome! You've certainly come to the right place for like minded individuals. I stumbled across this sight 3 years ago and only carved 2 that year. Last year we carved 25 patterns onto 20 pumpkins.

The knives you bought are great for carving. Our family has two sets and I can't imagine carving without them!

The site is loaded with useful information. If you can't find an answer to a question, just ask, and someone can help you.
By Raven
Welcome!!

I just returned yesterday from a little over 2 week vacation to Boise, well Meridian actually. It's my home town and where I was born. I've been living in TN. for the last 14 years, but always miss my Idaho! Even more when the pumpkins start to be sold for .29 cents a lb. or something where here they are usually a certain dollar amount depending on if they are small, medium or large. I could always get pumpkins cheaper at home and the selection is always so nice! There is another Boisean on the forum as well.

Make sure and share you carves, decorations and costumes! We love seeing it all!
By chuckwagon
BrookR1 wrote:I had thought about reducing the number of pumpkins to 5 or 6 this year, but I think I'm going to try for 15 again this year.
There is no such thing as too many pumpkins, LOL... Welcome to the patch!! We're always delighted to have another minion-cadet join the forums. You joined at just the right time too. We're about to have a site relaunch with a new mascot, new patterns will be available, and the chatter and images being posted is seriously about to take off since we are creeping ever so close to Halloween now. If you have questions, we have answers! If you have input, we are listening. If you have pictures of your carves.... YOU BETTER SHARE 'EM!!! :thumbsup:
By monstermash
Hey BrookR, welcome to forums. Chuck's right, you can never have too many pumpkins. And you can't beat a ZP carving tool. I bet your displays are the talk of the town. :D
By SuperSonic
Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy our (in)sanity! :twisted:
By Lala
Hi BrookR! WELCOME! I live in Boise!!!!!! Squeeeeeeee!

:-) If you ever want to hang with a ZP Minion (Est 2006!) let me know!

- Lala
Last edited by Lala on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Lala
Raven wrote:Welcome!!

I just returned yesterday from a little over 2 week vacation to Boise, well Meridian actually. It's my home town and where I was born. I've been living in TN. for the last 14 years, but always miss my Idaho! Even more when the pumpkins start to be sold for .29 cents a lb. or something where here they are usually a certain dollar amount depending on if they are small, medium or large. I could always get pumpkins cheaper at home and the selection is always so nice! There is another Boisean on the forum as well.

Make sure and share you carves, decorations and costumes! We love seeing it all!

Um, girlfriend. I would have LOVED TO meet you!! :-) I'm in Boise!
By BrookR1
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Lala, that's cool. I actually live in Eagle. The wife and I used to live right off of Harrison Blvd. for a few years and one of our favorite homes was the one with 100+ carved pumpkins lined up on the steps.

We went to Linder Farms over the weekend but didn't have time to get any pumpkins. I've already purchased 9 so far, mostly from Winco. We still have time...the Farmstead and Halloween Land are both on our list, as well as the scarecrow exhibit at the penitentiary.

You'll have to clue me in where all of the other good spots are!
By Raven
Lala wrote:
I thought about you while I was there, really I did, but I also took a side trip to Yellowstone and Teton National Park. Between that and trying to spend time with all my friends and family I ran out of time.
By Lala
Raven wrote:
Lala wrote:
I thought about you while I was there, really I did, but I also took a side trip to Yellowstone and Teton National Park. Between that and trying to spend time with all my friends and family I ran out of time.
I totally understand. Next time!