Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
So today I have some upsetting news. :cry:

The AC Unit on the roof of my house rests above my closet, which is where I store my foam pumpkins, carving tools... and my extensive folder of patterns. Today the AC Unit began to leak what I hope is water and caused some water damage to the ceiling of my closet as well as got all the stuff on the top shelves of my closet wet. Thankfully, the foam pumpkins are water resistant, and my tools were in plastic sealed containers. Unfortunately, my folder of patterns wasn't so lucky. :cry:

Some of my my pumpkin lights got a little water logged as well. They seem to have survived, but the batteries are going to need to be tossed as there is a little bit of corrosion.

This really bummed me out, as these were my only copies of a lot of ZPs patterns, some of which have since been retired. :cry:
I know how you feel. Four years ago my family had a house fire, and my pattern file got wet from the fire hoses. I was glad that I was still able to get the V.I.P. patterns back.
zombombie wrote:Well that sucks. I'm sorry to hear about that Jack. If you leave them to dry then photocopy them, do you think that might save them a little?
Most of them got so water damaged that the ink from the paper bled through, causing some of the patterns to overlap. :? My stacks of tissue party paper got wet too, which caused their colors to bleed onto the patterns as well. I suppose in hindsight, it could have been worse... My Versa-Tool could have gotten damaged by the water... so I suppose there's my silver lining. :|
I guess there's good news that you can always just download them again, and print them all off for a fresh collection, and also keep the files on a computer as a backup. Only downside is that if you had any past VIP's you won't be able to get them back unless the Patch Master could hook you up, or other minions who have had the MH account in the past (not sure if that's technically breaking the rules, though :?: )
chuckwagon wrote:if you had any past VIP's you won't be able to get them back unless the Patch Master could hook you up, or other minions who have had the MH account in the past (not sure if that's technically breaking the rules, though :?: )
Probably best to just go through Ryan. If you email him now, I'm sure he has time to set you up with whatever you lost.
Sorry to hear about the water damage, Jack Carving! Hopefully no serious or expensive damage to the ceiling or other stuff in the closet.

As for the patterns... hmph, not a fun proposition to rebuild the collection. Well, I can't replace all the paper, but I can do my best to with the patterns. When and if you're an active member, you can print out all the patterns that are still in the collection. As for any retired patterns like VIP designs... just email me and let me know what patterns you're missing. I can then check your account history to verify what you once had access to, and hopefully get you what you need.
Not good.

If printing out to A4 initially use those plastic files, (they serve a purpose) but pick up some cheap-ass lidded plastic & foam coolers to store the stencils in, easy to carry, or even to confirm carving kt & kaboodle is accounted for & in place to avert a panic in season.

Seal the lid with a decent strength waterproof tape, having first popped in a handful of silica gel packets to deal with any sweating that may occur #justincase

Offers some form of waterproofing / heatproofing (for a loft or similar) ..bump & rodent protection etc etc.
Not infallible but covers a lot of bases

Commiserations, take it & plan round it! :arrowhead: