Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By chuckwagon
I hope all of our fellow minions up north are doing okay after the massive snow storm... I heard that New Haven, CT got a good bit of the white stuff dumped on the ground. Ryan, how is it up there in your neck of the woods? Have you had to dig any tunnels to get out of your house?
By Kayo
if they even have internet :? maybe they are using the time locked in to start on halloween '13 :lol: RYAN IF YOU SEE THIS DO WE HAVE ANY NEW PATTERNS COMING?! :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
chuckwagon - Thanks for asking about this. Yeah, we got hit pretty hard with a few feet of snow in places. It was windy too, so there were plenty of snow drifts. I've seen some pretty bad snowstorms here in Connecticut, but never seen the state have this much trouble removing it. 3 days later and many streets still haven't been plowed yet. Schools and businesses are mostly closed. The parking lot where my car is parked is still full of snow. I'm getting cabin fever, trapped inside.

Cars are under here:

Here's my car:

Took a while, but I unearthed my car:

Streets aren't plowed, people are driving on a single lane of packed snow (this is supposed to be a two-way street):

Construction equipment moving snow, but people don't know where to put it all:

Some neighbors carving a path down the city sidewalk. Take a look at that hip-deep snow:

By Zombie Pumpkins!
Kayo wrote:if they even have internet :? maybe they are using the time locked in to start on halloween '13 :lol: RYAN IF YOU SEE THIS DO WE HAVE ANY NEW PATTERNS COMING?! :lol:
Not quite yet, Kayo! ;) Still working on paperwork from last Halloween for taxes and such. The part of the gig that isn't as fun. :P
By ghostface
I saw some of those pics of yours on Facebook Ryan. That's a ton of snow! We haven't gotten any in Illinois.
By chuckwagon
Holy hot coco batman!! I live in NC, and we rarely get snow here, but I have never seen snow of this magnitude anywhere! Just wow! maybe inspiration for an evil snoman pattern for next season like doctor who... Listen to me, always in the Halloween spirit. Anyway, I hope it melts away quickly so everyone can get back to their regular lives.
By SuperSonic
Up here in Ontario/Eastern Canada, we were hit with similar amounts of snow. If we hadnt on our street done out shoveling, we would have been burried in 3 feet, in other words, UP TO MY HIPS. We had the snowblower going as well. Ontario wasnt hit nearly as bad as the far eastern areas like Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and such.

Still, I feel for those who did get buried in snow.

Hope everyone down in CT gets un stuck.
By Kayo
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:
Kayo wrote:if they even have internet :? maybe they are using the time locked in to start on halloween '13 :lol: RYAN IF YOU SEE THIS DO WE HAVE ANY NEW PATTERNS COMING?! :lol:
Not quite yet, Kayo! ;) Still working on paperwork from last Halloween for taxes and such. The part of the gig that isn't as fun. :P

stupid taxes! halloween is creeping up fast and if you cant get out its a pretty good time to start brain storming. :wink:

stay safe to anyone stuck in the snow
By nosferatu
Wow. Those are amazing pictures. The US storm was very dominant on the news until it was discovered that beef products are mostly horse meat. Britain falls to pieces with just 1 cm of snow. If we ever had that much, it would be the end of the world as we know it. Last month we had about 4 inches of snow and everything ground to a halt. Schools, transport, business. Show us how it's done America!

No zombie snowman this year? Or exhausted digging your car out. That's a lot of effort. Particularly as you couldn't then actually drive it anywhere or had you just left the lights on.

Typically, the snow we had was typically British and awkward. It refused to compact together and roll into a ball. We just filled water pistols with red food colouring, dug out a disembodied, latex arm prop and some Crime Scene tape from Halloween. It looked like there had been a massacre. The great thing was that we had used so much food colouring that as the days passed,, the neighbouring houses had pink snow too.
By pagemaster1993
Altoona, Pennsylvania I guess got lucky so far. We didn't get any snow, maybe some rain over night, but other than the wind it is fairly good weather here.