Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By b2b
Hello all you obsessive carvers! I just joined this year and wanted to introduce myself; Frankie, 53, female, been carving for years and years, first time pulling down the patterns from Zombie site. LOVE the classic monsters...was what I grew up on. The last couple of years I have mostly done the foamies, (getting too old to pull all nighters for 20 or more pumpkins that break my heart when they slowly disintegrate). I carved about 30 or so this year and ended up giving about 8 away. I finally finished around November 2nd. I was doing "The Ghoul" and my hot electric exacto knife severed a vien..very bloody pumping out to my heartbeat. I had to limp out to my neighbor's house to get them to call 911. Six paramedics, an emergency room visit, and many apologies later, I got back home and decided to leave the dried blood on the ghoul. One of the paramedics went into the carving room as his buddies were bandaging me up and came back nodding and muttering "Impressive!" Ahhh... Halloween memories. I lost count, but I just finished putting them away a few minutes ago and I think there are around 55 camping out in the spare room until next October.
I reserved a private showing of "The Hobbit" at a local theater for myself and a group of friends December 16th, and I was just thinking of how great it would be to get The Patchmaster to render carving patterns for Gandalf and all of Thorin and Company, (loved Gollum). It could be a big draw to the site considering how many Tolkien fans there are worldwide. There are a couple of great sites that have wonderful full face photos of the characters he could use. No pressure, Patchmaster, just hoping.
Perhaps when I get caught up next year I can get some pictures of my 'kins and post them.
By Raven
What an introduction! Basic info, favorite pattern subjects, what and how much you carve, horrible injury, making the best of horrible injury by using your own blood as a prop (that one has me beat!), and your will to continue on years to come! You have come to the right place to share your love of carving and all things Halloween, even though it's a bit slow around here after Halloween. Stick around though, jump in anywhere and wait for the magic to begin again. I hope you share pictures of your carvings and display!
By purple1worm
Welcome to the patch! Sounds like you literally put you're blood and sweat into you're caves! I look forward to seeing some pics of your 'kins! :D
By SuperSonic
Damn.

That's a hell of an intro. Injury must have been brutal. Do you have pics of that pumpkin?

Welcome to the patch anywho. Hope you enjoy!
By b2b
Thanks all! I'm once again behind decorating for Christmas, but hope to post my "kins for next season when I can grab someone who is proficient with a lens. I'll start saving soon for the new hoard of foamies to be adopted next September. I'm already regretting not saving one for "The Grinch" template. Perhaps some business-minded person could start producing ornament shaped and colored foamies and a whole new line of Christmas patterns might emerge...I can only hope.
It's my birthday today, so my work let me sneak out in only 8 hours instead of 12 or more. People are coming over for pizza and decorating help tonight, (I'm planning to get a lot of free labor out of this aging thing as long as I have to submit to it.) Merry Christmas to you all, and God bless!
By monstermash
Hi b2b, I hope we get to know lots more about you in the off season, it sounds like you'll fit in here perfectly. I can't wait for The Hobbit either, I know a lot of people aren't sure as to the reasons why theyv'e decided to make it into three films but im thrilled. It just means we get to see more. 55 foamies and counting? I cant wait to see em all light up but be careful next time! We cant have to many real severed limbs lying around at halloween, plenty of fake ones are ok though. :) :twisted: