Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By hkzombie
Greetings Everyone!

Im usually an early bird when it comes to being around the ZP forum and I will admit that life has recently given a ticket to hell and back... both a good and bad thing! SO... for those who have known me for awhile, here is a brief update on me "stayin' classy" in San Diego! After many years of trying to find the open door to my career field, I can happily say I found it! My undergrad was in psychology and currently work for a residential treatment facility for a non-profit in SD. I work with severely troubled teenagers... yes, teenagers. Run for the hills!!! I swear after taking a class in undergrad soley dedicated to the study of this population, I can surely understand why!! Concurrent with that, I have also made the decision to finally get into grad school to do a Masters in Social Work @ USC. SO... within the next year before signing away my social and personal life... I need purge out all the need and temptation to get wild and crazy for partying.

Another update, remember I hurt my knee last summer?!! We found out this year it was 70% torn. After myself and a friend took a glance over my MRI scans, we saw that I ONLY had small hairlines of ligament hanging on to my knee. Trust me, Ive tortured myself relentlessly with being active and working out but fortunately the remaining 30% of my ACl was hanging on for dear life. I finally got the surgery I needed as of September 20th and I have a brand new one :D I'm currently in the process of recovery and rehab. Im up and about but find it hard to stand up for long periods. Lots of RICE-ing around here. Since the ligament is brand spankin' new, I didn't realize how much work I would have to be putting in since my PT called me out for not walking correctly due how my old ACL was, and my body also needs to adjust! Prior to surgery I did request picture of the surgery and also took some during recovery. Yes, yes... thats disgusting, sick, bloody, and gross but GEE SUZ.. why do you think I love Halloween so much?! Haha, for a while I felt like I had a franken-knee since I had stitches! SO.. if anyone is curious to see this glorius, bloody post op carnage I'll be happy to share :D

Hmm... what else. This was also the year of music... been to a good handful of concerts: the infamous Coachella 2012 (the weekend I went, everyday was about 100 degrees and up @ Indio Valley but saw so many artists and bands.. i was in music nirvana!), Van Halen in June, Linkin Park & Incubus (a throwback from my days in HS), and Black Keys (also in Coachella) this month.

Recently got back to a trip from Austin, so that was interesting. It made me glad to be living in San Diego. Alright kiddos, I think I'll end it here! I will do my best to pop in and out when I can since I recently had my medical recovery extended. So no excuses right? Oh and one more thing, I promise this is the last one to talk about!! How AWESOME has Season 3 of Walking Dead been?! 8)

Laters my ghouls and gals,

hkzombie
Welcome back! Yo have been sorely missed. Speaking of sore things, you're knee sounds horrendous. Hopefully the new one won't give you too much trouble.

I'm married to a psychologist who used to deal with teenagers - best of luck. Good luck with the rest of your studies who knows where it may lead? My wife started out on the same career path and earlier this year was in New Zealand with work.

I'll pass on the op photos as although I love blood in horror films. Real life blood leaves me squeamish.

Will you be carving much this year?
Hi NOS!

Yes, its good to be back. Married to a psychologist huh? Do you feel so exposed than normal that your wife can figure it out pretty well than you can yourself? JK!

I dont get how you love the horror films, but cant take the real thing?! Cmon! Its all naturale! haha.

Yes, I will be carving this year but not sure what or how many. I know for sure I will be carving Frankenweenie. Its a must to do an ode' to Tim Burton every years because of my child-like obsession with anything Disney...

STILL trying to get Ryan to make a Medusa pattern, this is my third year requesting the infamous Gorgon. For crying out loud, the History Channel did a special soley dedicated to her!
Welcome back! :D Good gracious your knee sounds like its been through hell alright! It's good your on the mend. I hear pumpkin carving and scaring people with gory surgery pics is the quickest way to getting better. :)
And your a saint for doing the work you do. My mum has worked with troubled youngsters for years and years. Kids between the ages of 5 and 12 though and they sound like little demons so I can imagine teenagers are even more challanging.
Jesus your knee sounds like its gone to hell and come back again! Welcome back HKZombie!!!
Welcome back! I hope your knee is as good as new (as much can be expected) and that you have an awesome Halloween! :D
This "Personal Introductions & Updates" section of the forum is often used more for "introductions" than "updates" so I'm happy to hear your recent stories, hkzombie! I'll also mention the knee thing... I hurt mine a couple years ago, and went through the works.... MRIs, medication, physical therapy. Nothing so bad that I needed surgery though. But going through that makes you appreciate when things are working correctly. With every step you take... its something to not take for granted.

Anyway, glad to have you back, and I hope you had a great Halloween. Stick around, would ya?