Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By ghostface
After a long hiatus, I am glad to say that I am back on the forums! I don't think I've fully been on since November! I've missed y'all. Man, oh man. A LOT has happened in my life since I've last been on here. Let's see....

First off, back in late January I got myself a girlfriend. We have been casted alongside each other in 3 musical/play productions, most recently Godspell, but we will get to that later. Anyways, we've known each other for quite some time, but not severely well until I finally decided to make a move, and I'm glad I did! We are pretty much the same person, we love just about all the same things. And a little something you all might appreciate as much as I do, her favorite holiday is Halloween! :thumbsup: Just back in June she won our towns pageant queen contest, so she is our ever so beautiful Miss Neoga.

Over the course of my disappearance from ZP! I have become an avid vinyl collector. As of right now I only own 16, but hey! That's a start, and a pretty decent size since I started in December. Waxwork Records is by far the best pressing company in the biz. If you haven't, you MUST check them out. They have re-issued really amazing soundtracks with killer art and variants, such as Creepshow, Day of the Dead, Friday the 13th 1 and 2, Nightbreed, Re-Animator, and soon they will be releasing C.H.U.D and The Warriors which I am uber excited for.

Back in June I went on a class trip to the East Coast and had a blast! We toured Boston, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C. all within a week! Man was that an exhausting week, but well worth it. My only problem with the whole trip was Chinatown.... :lol: I was expecting it to like like it did in Gremlins or Big Trouble in Little China, but no. It was gross and unpleasant, and I didn't find a Mogwai= unhappy Blake (ghostface).

Now back to the before mentioned, Godspell, which I got a lead role in. We began rehearsals back in May and as of this past Saturday we have wrapped production. This show was probably one of the most trying shows I have ever participated in. It was a lot of work, but absolutely paid off in the end. I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but acting is what I want to do as a career for myself, so it's really inspiring when I get crazy amazing compliments after the show. Some guy told me I was the next Dustin Hoffman! :shock: I discovered new capabilities that I had no idea I had, during this show, and it has grown to be one of my favorite productions I've done. Also on a musical note: My local professional theater put on a production of The Addams Family, which I went to see and it was amazing! Very well done.

I also received news that I will be moving to California for a month or so next year to live with my aunt to work on a film. Which I plan on moving to Cali for college, and to work on films there. She is a creative director for a documentary director named Roko Belic. I'm pretty ecstatic about my future at this point, and I will definitely try my hardest to get where I want to be!

And I can't forget I won tickets to one of my favorite artists concerts, Lana Del Rey! She put on a beautiful show, and would love to go see her again at some point.

Well.... That's pretty much it for me. My year has been pretty phenomenal thus far. The Halloween bug has bit me hard, and I am so ready for Autumn. Bring on the new site Ryan! Or at least some teases here and there. It is August after all. :wink: Can't wait to get back to socializing with all you ghouls again!
By pagemaster1993
Glad to hear your back. Also you have had one amazing hiatus.
By chuckwagon
Welcome back Ghosty! You went and got yourself a beauty queen?!?! You lucky dog!

When you said "vinyl", initially I thought you meant "POP Vinyl", as in the little figures. But records are every bit as awesome! I have a ton of my dad's old Pink Floyd records, Deep Purple, and some Uriah Heep... Great stuff!

Congrats on the acting gigs, and best of luck... We better be receiving tix to the opening of your first big feature film when you hit the big time, and I hope it's a horror flick, LOL.
By Raven
Glad you are back, and great update! It's always fun to read about minion's lives and what they are doing outside of everything Halloween. I hope you remember all of us little guys when you hit the big time movie star status! (I'm your favorite ZP!'er...right? RIGHT?!) :P

Speaking of vinyl.. I had quite the collection in my younger years. I remember a few special edition picture discs even. Unfortunately, I left it behind after a hasty move out from my mom's house and she threw them all away. I've always liked the sound of a record. I like the crackle and static. Funny since I was just complaining the other day how "Sexy and I Know It" sounded static-y on my phone the other day. :D
By amandap80
Wow, what an update. Congrats on all the awesome stuff happening for you!
By Pargolf
My favorite play is West Side Story.... Nothing compares....

Bernstein, Sodheim, Robbins, Lorents - Some Fab Four....

Ghost have you ever done West side Story?
By ghostface
Pargolf wrote:My favorite play is West Side Story.... Nothing compares....

Bernstein, Sodheim, Robbins, Lorents - Some Fab Four....

Ghost have you ever done West side Story?
I would LOVE to do West Side. Hopefully at some point I will get to!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
So you're dating Lana Del Rey, bought a Mogwai in Chinatown and you're moving to California to be roommates with Dustin Hoffman? Sorry, I read your post quickly, I might have gotten some of that mixed up. :lol:

Seriously though, glad to see you return to your haunted home here. Thanks for the life update. This is exactly how I like to see this section of the forum used.

I don't collect vinyl, but I dig these retro soundtracks being released with the great new cover art. That's gotta be a big draw for the collector. In the era of digital streaming, album covers are like a lost art.

You hit some major cities on the East Coast. I thought I sensed a whirlwind storm passing through my area. I also heard you saw Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. :phantom: Nice!

Well congrats on your love (favorite holiday is Halloween? She's a keeper!) and career aspirations. Sounds like things are heading in great directions for you. I can appreciate a guy who has a love for the arts... music, theater, film... you're covering all the bases.
By ghostface
Thanks guys! I almost forgot to share this one thing! I saw this on a light post on the streets of Boston.. Look familiar? :D
By Lala
Great update GF! but I need photos. Lots of photos :-)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
ghostface wrote:Thanks guys! I almost forgot to share this one thing! I saw this on a light post on the streets of Boston.. Look familiar? :D
Ah! Love it! Never know where a ZP pattern might turn up. :o
By April May
ghostface wrote:Lana Del Rey!
!
How do you like Honeymoon?
I can't precisely describe what sort of dreamy, trance state befell me the other night when I christened the record, but I want more of it. The best yet.
By ghostface
April May wrote:
ghostface wrote:Lana Del Rey!
!
How do you like Honeymoon?
I can't precisely describe what sort of dreamy, trance state befell me the other night when I christened the record, but I want more of it. The best yet.
Aaaaahh! A minion that loves Lana! :thumbsup: I LOVE Honeymoon. I feel like this album has the most of Lana's heart in it. So smoky, and enchanting. Art Deco, Freak, Music To Watch Boys To, and Terrence Loves You are highlights for me