Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By monstermash
Right, ive had a rake and I cant find the Skeletor guy, he seems to have gone walk about. On doing a quick google I dont think he was Skeletor anyway. I can vaguely remember a purple hood, skeletal face and a sort of mirrored chest, I think, maybe it was a mirrored face????.
I did however find two Egon Spengler action figures. Far from mint condition and worth nowt but they are yours if you want them. One is from 1987 and one from 89.
By Pargolf
I am gonna check out the Blog Zom...

I got hooked when I went in search of the NECA Dracula Bobblehead to complete my Universal monster collection. So, I started to go to the Steel City Con in Pittsburgh PA in search of Dracula... No luck but I had a blast. Have gone for the last two years now.
By zombombie
I don't pick favourite minions, but monstermash is near the top of the non-list :wink:

And check out the action features on these guys!!

A switch on Egon's back makes his head, and those awesome tentacles, pop up!

And a squeeze of this Egon's arm makes his head pop up, his mouth open and his tie stand on end! His tie is broken, but considering he's only a few years younger than me, he's in incredible condition!

And here they both are with more Ghostbusters toys! (Also Gambit, Daredevil, Cloud, Vincent, Sephiroth, a bit of Wolverine and a sliver of Superman!!)

By monstermash
You know I think I can remember cutting his tie off with scissors. Oh the shame!!!!!!!! I must have been going through my hairdressing/fashion designer stage, many a soft toy has never recovered let me tell you. I still have a bald hedgehog and a polar bear with and incredibly close shave from that period of my youth.

Well they look right at home among your collection and much happier to be out of the box of forgotten toys.
By nosferatu
I love the blog. I also like the fact that although you are a collector, the toys are out of the box!
By keifferone
zombombie wrote:Toys were made to be played with! And unless it's something really quite special...
I believe the same thing. I get crap all the time for opening toys up.
By paddy_babe
I have bookmarked your blog! So cool :) I was tempted by Geek Box/Nerd Block but I am still unsure if it worth the subscriptions... I like the zombie theme of you Geek Box, I hope they do a Halloween one for you! :)
By zombombie
Me too PB! It's definitely nightmare themed so fingers are crossed. I have also gone for a Horror Block to see what goodies they give.

In amazing news, Dark Bunny Tees put my review on Twitter and Facebook which gave my little blog 100 hits TODAY alone!! Totally overwhelming!! :D
By paddy_babe
I might just take the plunge :lol: Great news on the Dark Bunny Tees, well done!! :thumbsup:
By Euri
Wow! Impressive. First I have to agree with Nos, it is so refreshing to see the toys out of the box and played with! I have my own bit of a toy collection; It's mostly Star Wars with a few other bits scattered in. My whole family is very deeply into Ninja Turtles so that was fun to see. I really love toys. For some of my favorites I've had to get two: one to play with and one to keep in the package.

I've seen that Gambit around and nearly considered taking him home, but didn't quite. I should have!! The extra parts are amazing and very fun. It reminds me of the Sideshow collectibles line. Have you ever gotten any of those? Definitely the collectors action figures, and very cool.

Do you have any particular focus in your collecting? What do you do for storing/displaying?
By zombombie
Thanks Euri!

My main focus is TMNT. I've a bunch more of those to go on the blog! Other than that, horror and anything cool!

Storage wise, I have a few boxes in cupboards that have toys in them that aren't currently being displayed. I recently got an old book case from a second hand furniture place, sanded it down, and repainted it. That's now my current display unit. I'd really like more room for displaying though, it's just difficult because our place isn't the biggest!

Sometime in the future I'd love to get a Sideshow Collectibles or Hot Toys piece, that'll always be the dream!!
By nosferatu
Do you recommend any more superhero Toys? I really like the hulk one. I'm painting a superhero mural in my son's room and with Christmas on the horizon, I could do with a few recommendations for figures.